Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G - again...

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G - again...

Post by nick »

Run the test application in windows and email me some sample data - I'll take a look when I get a chance.
kva
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin TEC 2G

Post by kva »

Thanks, will do.
gina
Dive Computer: UWATEC Aladin 2G

Post by gina »

hi there,

is this feature (import raw data) now included in the new version 2.1.0?
i downloaded the macdive test version and it's awsome - i would really love to buy and use it!
but as long as it is not possible to import the upper mentioned raw data (as an export over windows with smart.exe) it's useless for me.

so please keep me posted - i will buy it the moment the import is possible.

best regards gina
Plan
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin 2G

Post by Plan »

JTrak list of tested adapters:

by Extended Systems: XTNDAccess IrDA USB (ESI-9685)(VendorID: 0x8e9; ProductID: 0x100)
by KC-Technology, Inc.. KC-180 USB IrDAdevice (VendorID: 0x50F; ProductID: 0x180)
UWATEC-lipstick (golden Edition) SigmaTel, Inc. (VendorID:0x066f ProduktID: 0x4210)
UWATEC-lipstick (silver Edition) Moschip semiconductor (VendorID:0x9710 ProduktID: 0x7780)
more adapters:

by ACTiSYS Corp.: ACT-IR2000U FIR-USB Adapter (VendorID: 0x9c4; ProductID: 0x011)
by IBM Corp.: IBM UltraPort IrDA (VendorID: 0x4428; ProductID: 0x012)

you can just buy official Uwatec IrDA and use JTrak
I would still prefer to use MacDive though!
Is there a way you can add Scubapro Uwatec computers to MacDive?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

gina wrote:hi there,

is this feature (import raw data) now included in the new version 2.1.0?
i downloaded the macdive test version and it's awsome - i would really love to buy and use it!
but as long as it is not possible to import the upper mentioned raw data (as an export over windows with smart.exe) it's useless for me.

so please keep me posted - i will buy it the moment the import is possible.

best regards gina
I can occasionally do imports as a one-off process. I have some tools to convert the Uwatec database to something MacDive can import, but it requires a fair bit of manual work also.

I'm not able to do this regularly, only as a one-off import, if you are migrating all of your data to MacDive to use with a supported computer.
ShangHangin
Dive Computer: SP/Uwatec Aladin 2G

Re: ScubaPro/Uwatec Aladin 2G

Post by ShangHangin »

Plan wrote:JTrak list of tested adapters:

by Extended Systems: XTNDAccess IrDA USB (ESI-9685)(VendorID: 0x8e9; ProductID: 0x100)
by KC-Technology, Inc.. KC-180 USB IrDAdevice (VendorID: 0x50F; ProductID: 0x180)
UWATEC-lipstick (golden Edition) SigmaTel, Inc. (VendorID:0x066f ProduktID: 0x4210)
UWATEC-lipstick (silver Edition) Moschip semiconductor (VendorID:0x9710 ProduktID: 0x7780)
more adapters:

by ACTiSYS Corp.: ACT-IR2000U FIR-USB Adapter (VendorID: 0x9c4; ProductID: 0x011)
by IBM Corp.: IBM UltraPort IrDA (VendorID: 0x4428; ProductID: 0x012)

you can just buy official Uwatec IrDA and use JTrak
I would still prefer to use MacDive though!
Is there a way you can add Scubapro Uwatec computers to MacDive?
Any timeline to suport the ScubaPro/Uwatec Aladin 2G? As noted above, using IrDA, data can be downloaded into JTrak, which is no where as nice as MacDive. The data from JTrak exports XLS file with time, depth and temp. No other data comes across. As an alternative, is there a way to import this data in to MacDive in the short term.

Thanks - love the product.

SH