Sync gear service date between MacDive and DiveLog

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Twan77
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air

Sync gear service date between MacDive and DiveLog

Post by Twan77 »

Hi Nick,

i sync all my dive data between macDive (on my Mac) and DiveLog (on my iPhone and iPad). This works excellent.
However, i came across a tiny bit of data that is not synced, and that is the service date of my gear.

Last week i had some gear annually serviced. In MacDive i added the service date to the piece of gear.
In DiveLog i also added the service date, and in there i could even enter the due date for the next service (which is handy because in the gear list you see that date next to the piece of gear).

After syncing the two i noticed that the last service date and next service date in DiveLog were empty. I guess this is because the info does not sync and when MacDive pushes it's database to DiveLog those infofields become empty.

Is there a possibility that you could make these sync in one of the future updates? It would also be great to be able to see the next due date in MacDive, so i can keep track on that.

Cheers Twan
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Sync gear service date between MacDive and DiveLog

Post by nick »

I've added Next Service Date to MacDive and added syncing for this info, along with the last service.

They are handled a little differently between MacDive and Dive Log but it seems to be working fairly well. Will be in the next update.
Twan77
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air

Post by Twan77 »

Hi Nick,

thank you very much! This is really appreciated!

Cheers Twan
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

You are most welcome :)