SAC Rate alterations

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
tdtaylor
Dive Computer: Cobra+D4i

SAC Rate alterations

Post by tdtaylor »

Nick,

These suggestions may be really out there, so feel free to ignore.

In looking at SAC rates, I understand there are two ways, average and per dive. While interested in both, I am really interested in my SAC rate over time for planning, but I have had a number of dives that really throw off the average. Typically training dives, like Stress and Rescue, where my SAC was often 2 to 3 times the average. I also find that depending on the class, I can really burn through air DiveConning a class, especially OW. Even when being the victim in S&R, it can elevate my SAC, which I would not consider a normal diving activity (it does have the benefit of letting me know what my SAC is during stressful situations and situations where lots of exertion is involved, but this can be understood looking at the individual dive SAC rates). Could dives be excluded through a checkbox or similar, from contributing to the average SAC rate.

Then there is the aspect of different kinds of dives, which may really be getting out there. I am about 0.55-.60 cf/min in cold water with my drysuit (45-58 degrees), and 0.40-0.45 or so in warm water. Like tags, could one track SACs for different types of dives. I realize this may be way out there.

Thanks as always,

Terry
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: SAC Rate alterations

Post by nick »

Create a smart divelog with whatever criteria you like, and then the statistics are calculated based on that.

Eg, "Tag is not Training".