Repetitive Dive Numbering

Problems ? Get help here!
NorthernMonkey
Dive Computer: Suunto Stinger

Repetitive Dive Numbering

Post by NorthernMonkey »

Should the first dive of the day have a Repetitive Dive number of '0'?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Repetitive Dive Numbering

Post by nick »

No, but this will happen if you encountered a download error (as they are done post download).

For anything further I would need some more information, like what kind of dive computer you have for a start, and whether or not you encountered an error. If you did, you can just change the number manually.
NorthernMonkey
Dive Computer: Suunto Stinger

Post by NorthernMonkey »

The computer is a Suunto Stinger. I run Mountain Lion on a Mac Pro which does not support the drivers needed for the Keyspan serial adaptor I need to use to download the dive data from this computer.

I had to find an old back up of my dive data and copy this to the MacDive Application Support folder. It was after I did this that I noticed the repetitive dive numbers seemed wrong. From your comment, when I set the numbering manually, I should start from 1?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Well there are two numbers - the overall dive number, and the repetitive dive number. For repetitive dive number, you can put in what you like really. But this is the series - usually it would start at 1. MacDive always starts this at 1 and numbers up until the series is over.

The overall dive number is your "lifetime" dive number. So that starts at 1 and just counts up.

Any import from a Stinger would have numbered them correctly from the start (the repetitive dive number is read directly from the Stinger itself), so there is no reason it would have started at 0. You may have imported this from some other data source that didn't contain them?

But, as I said, you can edit them and number them however you like. Typically that would be from 1.