More types of gear in the drop-down menue

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
feynman
Dive Computer: OSTC3 / Suunto D6

More types of gear in the drop-down menue

Post by feynman »

Hi,

I'm using frequently different combinations, quantities and types of 1st and 2nd stages depending where and how I dive. In the "type" drop-down menue of a piece of gear there are only limited choices, e.g. "regulator". It would be great if "1st stage" and "2nd stage" could be added as well. And maybe a possibility to define a quantity for a certain piece of gear, e.g. I'm using a double cylinder for my local dives with two similar 1st stages.

Btw, when I tried to type in something in the drop-down menue, in order to define a type of gear myself, the software crashed.

Best regards,
Andreas
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: More types of gear in the drop-down menue

Post by nick »

You should be able to type whatever you like (they are just default options, not an exhaustive list). Strange it crashed - can you replicate this? I'll have a look tonight but I've not had any problems with it.

If you can replicate it, please email me your MacDive.sqlite file along with exact instructions on how to produce the error, and I'll take a peek.
feynman
Dive Computer: OSTC3 / Suunto D6

Post by feynman »

Now I can type whatever I want without any crashing of the software..strange indeed. Probably just a singular hiccup..

Still, the definition of a quantity of a single piece of gear (e.g. 2 similar 1st stages) would be nice!

cheerio,
Andreas
Exposure
Dive Computer: D6,D9tx,Perdix,iX3M

Post by Exposure »

In my gear list I have defined all 1st and 2nd stages, so I attach to a dive the exact set-up I have. Thus, for each piece of gear I can track the number of dive and the servicing period. If for instance you have 2 MK25 (1st stage) and dive double sometime but not always, the number of dive will differ from one 1st stage to the other. I use that indicator to service my gear more often if needed.

Yvan