CCR

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Martin
Dive Computer: Vyper VR3

Re: CCR

Post by Martin »

I'd be grateful for the ability to add some CCR information manually. As has been suggested before I would like to be able to add the CCR type, scrubber usage, dil and O2 start and end pressures, dil composition, set point and where it changes, total time on CCR and total time on any given type of unit. At present I just run a Vyper in gauge mode to record the basics, but would happily add the above manually if there were field options to do so.

If I had a computer that monitored the rebreather and THEN was downloadable to Mac-dive, that would be really useful to me. Until I can afford an HW D5 and plug it in to an additional cell and down load that, I'd be happy to add what information I could manually.

I'd like to think that it's only a matter of time before CCR computers are out there and as readily available and with the diversity of the OC computers we see now. With PADI apparently embracing CCR technology and manufacturers trying to produce the units to tie in with the courses surely it's a logical step to produce the wrist top hardware to enable the divers to record their every step and then download it.

I love mac-dive and have done so fo some time now, this CCR functionality would make me a really happy chappy!!

Martin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: CCR

Post by nick »

Someone just asked about tracking total time on a unit. They were initially after a running total - the way to do this currently is to select your device (in Computers on the sidebar) and then print all of the dives. In the bottom right corner you will have a running total.

I can add a "total time underwater" thing under Gear for each piece of gear. Would that help? That would be per unit etc. For total time on CCR in general, you could make a smart dive log with whatever criteria you need (using devices or tags or some such).

As for the others - I'd be happy to add some new fields for you to track information. Could you perhaps reply here or email me with a few more specific details about what you want to track, what units they are recorded in, etc?