Saturation data?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Saturation data?

Post by henrik »

After what I understand, the Suunto Dive Manager shows tissue saturation data for dives downloaded from the Suunto Zoop (and others, I guess).

Do you have any plans of supporting tissue saturation data?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Saturation data?

Post by nick »

Well the suunto data is proprietary, I don't know what their algorithm is. If anything, I would have to implement something generic that was used across all dive computers that MacDive supports.

But I'm not familiar with the calculations so I haven't done anything.
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

nick wrote:Well the suunto data is proprietary, I don't know what their algorithm is. If anything, I would have to implement something generic that was used across all dive computers that MacDive supports.

But I'm not familiar with the calculations so I haven't done anything.
Ah, OK, I thought it was somehow part of the data stream downloaded from the computer.
dischiessel
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Air

Post by dischiessel »

I would definitely like to to see this added. The calculations CAN be done post-dive (to a certain degree). Right now I am copying my data into a spreadsheet, parsing the raw data, and performing some calculations on Nitrogen loading at any given time/depth. Because nitrogen loading is mainly based on depth gradients, the calculation is not difficult, just tedious for 16 tissue compartments.

Mac-Dive would have to make some assumptions if certain data are not available (like temperature during the dive). The PLUS side is that there's no liability if the calculations are slightly off(even 5%) because the dive is already done ;). The usefulness still exists as it allows a person to analyze previous dive's nitrogen levels.

Things to consider: Calculations using Trimix, Nitrox, (and air of course). What limits trigger a flag on your data (Workman, Buhlmann ZH-L12, Buhlmann ZH-L16, DCAP MM11F6, DSAT RDP). The Buhlmann ZH-L16 limits are what most dive computers use, I believe.

It would be GREAT to be able to analyze the dive data after the fact and see if any supersaturation limits were exceeded for a given tissue compartment. The following link should clear up any misunderstandings of what I'm talking about.

http://www.deepocean.net/deepocean/inde ... ence03.php
Attachments
Example of Depth profile and 4min tissue  N2 loading data.  This dive went to about 30m.  You can see the nitrogen accumulation below (in bar pressure units).
Example of Depth profile and 4min tissue N2 loading data. This dive went to about 30m. You can see the nitrogen accumulation below (in bar pressure units).
lbmigritor
Dive Computer: OSTC 2n

Post by lbmigritor »

+1