Total accumulated dive time and number of dives

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
danielstassen

Total accumulated dive time and number of dives

Post by danielstassen »

Hi there,

I purchased Macdive after diving 1000+ times. In the divers section, then personal information I can enter my previous dive time, 41 days and 17 hours. Then, when I start logging dives from 1000 to 1014 (last month's dives), Macdive shows in the statistic that I have done 14 dives in total. Is there a way that Macdive would add my past diving experiences prior purchasing this program to the dives and show my "real" dive time?

Thanks

Daniel
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Total accumulated dive time and number of dives

Post by nick »

The total time will be shown if you print out a log, but it won't be shown in the main interface. The workaround if you really want to do this is to add a dive manually and just give it a really long duration.

The bottom status bar isn't saying "total dive time ever", as much as it is saying "the total number of dives *in this view* is X". Does that make sense? Think about when you click on one of the filters on the left, like a dive computer, or diver, or custom playlist. The status bar is updating based on that. So it doesn't make sense to include the previous dive time in those filters.

However if you add a dive manually, with the 41 hours as its duration, it will show up in All Dives but you can avoid it turning up in individual playlists.