color printing

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
gcool
Dive Computer: D9

color printing

Post by gcool »

Hello

i am new to mac-dive. Nice software. i wonder if there is a way to print the color dive profile with the alerts somehow.
when i select a dive and print - it comes to a black and white form and no alerts.

thx

Gilles
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: color printing

Post by nick »

Currently they are only black/white (except photos).

I can look at updating it, though I'm not sure about adding alarms. It is designed to be printed A3 for a logbook and I'm not sure it would be that useful - they would be tiny and hard to tell apart, I think.
gcool

Post by gcool »

Nick,

i think u mean A5 ;)
it will be nice to have an option to print only the "technical details" of dive with a large profile in color with alarms and the dive statistics (water temp, air consumption) leaving away the Notes and signature etc.

i don't have a printer handy when i go to dive.

my logbook is organized 2 ways
- on the left page i have the dive profile and detailed statistics, gear etc..
- on the right page, a pre-printed form where i put location, basic dive details, buddy details and dive center stamp and signature.

i prepare my right pages on site and i print my left pages when i am back home.

thx for your consideration

Gilles
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Err, yes, sorry, A5! :)

I'm happy to look at changing the print options, but I'd rather not have hundreds of different styles. For now I would rather just have one way to print logbooks, and the trouble is that what is there is being used by many people. So if I change it, existing printouts are inconsistent.

The best thing to do if you want something fairly specific/custom is to export the data and create your own printout - of course (and understandably) this is a lot of effort. At some point it would be nice to have a "report generator" so you could customise and perhaps templates could be provided, but I've not had time to look in to that yet. It's on my list - I would like to provide it at some point.
gcool

Post by gcool »

Nick

I am not asking u to change anything to the existing print.
I just ask if it's possible to add a print option for detailed dive profile in color.
That's all.
Thx

Gilles
lbmigritor
Dive Computer: OSTC 2n

Post by lbmigritor »

+1 for color!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It has been quite some time, but I've just been updating the print layout some. The profile is now larger and in colour, notes is on its own page, and the gear box is larger and includes thumbnails. If anyone is interested in having a test/look at it, drop me an email.