version 2.1.1 photo not load

Problems ? Get help here!
bubble7
Dive Computer: vyper

version 2.1.1 photo not load

Post by bubble7 »

I found there is a problem trying to auto add photo,
only a few photos can be add? and even add some surface (not diving) photos??? :lol: :mrgreen:
what went wrong? this happened after the update to 2.1.1!

Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: version 2.1.1 photo not load

Post by nick »

Maybe your times are wrong.

The auto add window will tell you why a photo couldn't be added. For example, "no date/time match".
bubble7

Post by bubble7 »

There was not any error message!
the photos just not show on the time line! but they are in the info window(even with folders)!
It was OK until I upgrade to this version!

pic show of timeline without photos

pic show of info window with photos actually there
bubble7

Post by bubble7 »

could it be because the dive computer was set one hour faster of local time?
any solution?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

In your screenshot there are no photos on the profile. This means they weren't there in the previous version, either, as no version of MacDive has ever modified your photos during an upgrade.

Which means that you tried to add them in this version. So that in turn simply means no photos matched. There are two ways to add photos - one is with Auto Add. The other is by just dragging them in manually to a dive.

If you used Auto Add, it would have explained to you why a photo didn't match, along with the time of the photo. If you dragged them manually, then they will be added to the dive anyway, but they won't be added to the profile. What happens is that MacDive will add the photo to the dive, and it will then see if the time matches. If it does, it will be added to the profile. If not, nothing will happen. This is so you can add photos that don't actually belong on the profile, like a map of the site for example.

With Auto Add, you can specify camera time correction if you like. You will need to either make sure the time on your camera matches the time on your dive computer, or you use the time adjustment to compensate for it.

If you think something is going wrong, please email me your MacDive.sqlite file, the photos, and a detailed description of how you are adding them and what you are expecting to see.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

bubble7 wrote:could it be because the dive computer was set one hour faster of local time?
any solution?
And yes, if the time doesn't match, they will not be added. You can use the Auto Add time compensation. How is MacDive to know that your dive computer is set at a different time, if you don't tell it?

If you want to add them manually, you will need to fix the photo times yourself with EXIFTool or something similar.
bubble7

Post by bubble7 »

It was OK to auto add photos, I think is because I changed the time on the dive computer on this trip!
so it doesn't read it right??!! could you teach me how to auto add the photo onto these log by "Auto Add time compensation"?

Many Thanks
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

When you select Auto Add Images from the menu, a dialog pops up to choose a folder. Under that, type in the amount of hours or minutes in the boxes that you want to offset by, before you click "Ok". It is explained on-screen.
bubble7

Post by bubble7 »

I done it by changing the hour from the info window!
I reduced 1 hour of every dive! now the photos are there!
Thanks
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Nice :)