List view for gear

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

List view for gear

Post by henrik »

Hi.

A list/column view for my gear would be nice. But I guess it might be on your TODO already?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: List view for gear

Post by nick »

Indeed it is, this has been requested before. Something I haven't quite gotten around to yet.
AH_Matt
Dive Computer: Suuntu Zoop

Post by AH_Matt »

Hello Nick,

Just bought this great program last night and am very pleased. It is clearly as labor of love.

Here is my request. After I entered all of my gear (along with serial numbers, pictures, etc.) I was thinking that I should probably record this info for insurance purposes. Rather than retype everything in to a document, it would be nice to be able to export the gear list. The Export option is not available in the gear list, and the Export options in All Dives do not include gear (well, the gear is listed but not with serial numbers, pics, etc.). I did navigate down to the sqllite file, but decided it was to complex for my basic sql abilities.

Also, when exporting dives out to a PDF I notice that the first dive is numbered "0" - I know why this happened of course, but it does look a little goofy to non-computer users.

* I apologize if this is already in the request queue. I read several entries in the request thread and did try searching, but that has never been one of PhbBB's strong points: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: insurance export gear list"

Cheers, Matt
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

The dive numbering for export should be based on the Dive Number of the dive, so are you sure that you don't have a dive with Dive Number 0?

I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure there is no counter there. Just whatever data you have set.

As for the gear export, I'll look at adding something, that seems like a useful idea. I may just wire up Export -> Selected As CSV to work when you are on the Gear screen and export a basic CSV file with all of the gear info.
AH_Matt
Dive Computer: Suuntu Zoop

Post by AH_Matt »

Ah, I do have a dive number zero!