Convert .slg files

Problems ? Get help here!
Bellime
Dive Computer: Aladin Prime

Convert .slg files

Post by Bellime »

Hello,
I am a recent convert from windows to mac. I saved my dive log files from SmartTrak (logfile.slg) and need to know if MacDive will import this?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Convert .slg files

Post by nick »

Not natively, no. I have some tools around to convert this data but it is a manual process and requires a bit of time, and a bit of mucking around. And unfortunately I don't have Microsoft Access at the moment, so I can't do part of the conversion.

I've been meaning to spend some time tidying them all up, but I haven't had a chance.

So.. not really, no. But if you can send me your data, I may be able to find some time to do it manually. I just can't promise you it will be anytime soon.
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

I see that divelogs.de can import SmartTrak .slg files. Maybe import it there, and pray that nick has enough time to complete the divelogs.de sync? Or ask Rainer @ divelogs to provide an export function that is compatible with MacDive?

Diving Log can also import SmartTrak files and export to whatever you want, but it will cost you 35 euros.

EDIT: I just couldn't let this rest. It looks like ultimatediving.com has made a tool to extract SmartTrak files into several CSV files. It seems to make a lot of files, though (screenshot attached).

EDIT2: Rainer @ divelogs used this specification to make his importer. Quite complex, but maybe he feels like sharing some code?
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2011-11-25 kl. 12.43.37.png
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I already have code to do the various parts (decode the actual memory of the device, etc), but it requires extracting extra info from the smart track database via Access, to match up site names, buddy names, times etc which I don't currently have available.