atomic aquatic fields

Problems ? Get help here!
badkins
Dive Computer: Atomic Aquatics

atomic aquatic fields

Post by badkins »

Hi - I'm a user of Macdive that just got an Atomic Cobalt as a birthday present!

I was playing around with it in our dive pool and when uploading I am getting weird data that looks like incorrect field association.

1. It continues to name the diver as "ATOMIC" and I can't seem to associate my current profile with the computer so I am associated with the computer

2. I was using enriched air on my test dive (working with the shop on setting things up) and it appears that the % mix of my Nitrox is showing up as the air temperature (32) despite being in an indoor pool.

any ideas here? Happy to send the files to you in a format that works for you.

I'm using a Macbook Air with Lion 10.7.1 and Macdive 2.1.0

the Cobalt firmware is 1.12/1

thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: atomic aquatic fields

Post by nick »

badkins wrote:Hi - I'm a user of Macdive that just got an Atomic Cobalt as a birthday present!

I was playing around with it in our dive pool and when uploading I am getting weird data that looks like incorrect field association.

1. It continues to name the diver as "ATOMIC" and I can't seem to associate my current profile with the computer so I am associated with the computer
http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... w_dives%3F
2. I was using enriched air on my test dive (working with the shop on setting things up) and it appears that the % mix of my Nitrox is showing up as the air temperature (32) despite being in an indoor pool.
The Cobalt doesn't provide the air temperature. 32f = 0c.
badkins

Post by badkins »

[/quote]

The Cobalt doesn't provide the air temperature. 32f = 0c.[/quote]

Yes, that's my point. But for some reason Mac-Dive imports the computer info with data showing air temp = 32f. The only thing listed as "32" on my Atomic was my Enriched Air setting, yet Mac-Dive listed my tank settings as Air (21%). Hence my feeling that there is a data-field mismatch.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yes, that's my point. But for some reason Mac-Dive imports the computer info with data showing air temp = 32f.
Because there is no value. 32f = 0c. 0 is used as the default. There is no value. It's not importing anything, it's just a default value.

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... imitations
badkins

Post by badkins »

I don't know if you're understanding the nature of my question. You're stating this as if it's natural that null data shows up with a value in the app. That is not natural data import behavior. If air temp doesn't show up in a computer than the field should just be left blank, no entered so every ATOMIC upload I do will show air temp as 32 degrees. Sounds like a bug to me.

Secondly, there is still no answer as to why my enriched air settings show up as standard air.

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

badkins wrote:I don't know if you're understanding the nature of my question. You're stating this as if it's natural that null data shows up with a value in the app. That is not natural data import behavior. If air temp doesn't show up in a computer than the field should just be left blank, no entered so every ATOMIC upload I do will show air temp as 32 degrees. Sounds like a bug to me.
Sure I'll look at changing it for you.

Secondly, there is still no answer as to why my enriched air settings show up as standard air.
Sorry, I forgot to address this. Please send me an email, I will send you a beta with some logging output so I can see what's going on.
jnesmith@yahoo.com
Dive Computer: Atomic Cobalt

Post by jnesmith@yahoo.com »

I am using an Atomic Cobalt computer with MacDive as well. The dive download works but the "Gas Model" and "Mix %" are always Air and 21% even though some dives were Nitrox 32 & Nitrox 36. Why are these fields not downloaded?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

They are, there is just a slight bug in the current version.

Download the beta (http://www.mac-dive.com/downloads/MacDive_Beta.zip) and your dives will import correctly.

Apologies for the inconvenience.