2.1.0 - Out Now

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: 2.1.0 - Out Now

Post by nick »

What import setting did you use?

There are there: import all, import new, import any that have not been imported. These settings have changed. Maybe you just clicked "download last"? You should double check what the setting is.

Also: What do you mean "hosed" ? Couldn't you have just deleted the duplicates? No import should modify existing dives in any way, so if possible can you send me your MacDive.sqlite file as this would imply a serious issue.
TWilliams
Dive Computer: Cobalt

Post by TWilliams »

I just upgraded again and tried both Only new dives and Any dives that have not been imported. They both added all 40 dives on the computer to the database.

By hosed, I mean I'd have to do what you suggest. Manually delete all the duplicate dives.

I'll delete them by hand and give it a go.

I just tried importing again (having just done so). the Any dives that have not been imported gave me a bulk read error, then after restarting the program, complained that my firmware wasn't up to date (it is). "Only new dives" worked; it didn't import anything.

We'll see...
TWilliams
Dive Computer: Cobalt

Post by TWilliams »

Just deleted all the incorrectly imported dives (easier than I thought, just sort on Location...). Then tried download again (Only new dives). It imported all 40 again.

What's the difference between Only new dives and Any dives that have not been imported? They sound the same to me. New dives wouldn't have been imported; dives that hadn't been imported would, presumably, be new dives. What am I missing?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

TWilliams wrote: I just tried importing again (having just done so). the Any dives that have not been imported gave me a bulk read error, then after restarting the program, complained that my firmware wasn't up to date (it is). "Only new dives" worked; it didn't import anything.
The "firmware out of date" error just means that the request for the firmware failed: if it failed or returned an old version, you get this. You may need to disable USB mode on the Cobalt and then re-enable it so that it "resets". Typically that will fix up communication issues.

Interesting it kept importing all of the dives. I'll have to fix my Cobalt and then test this, as it should not be the case.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

TWilliams wrote:Just deleted all the incorrectly imported dives (easier than I thought, just sort on Location...). Then tried download again (Only new dives). It imported all 40 again.

What's the difference between Only new dives and Any dives that have not been imported? They sound the same to me. New dives wouldn't have been imported; dives that hadn't been imported would, presumably, be new dives. What am I missing?
http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... _To_Import

"Only new dives" means it will start downloading and as soon as it finds a dive that it has already seen, the download will stop.

"Any dives that have not been downloaded" starts off the same way, but keeps going if it finds a dive it already has, it just doesn't download it. If something is wrong, as you suggest, then neither will function correctly.

I'll have a look at this tonight when I get home from work.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Unfortunately I couldn't address this last night - I need to reflash my Cobalt and couldn't find the tool to unscrew it. I've had another report of a similar problem though, so it may be something more widespread. At any rate, I'm looking in to it.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Apologies for the delay - I just had a chance to look at this.

It looks like there was a bug in an older version of MacDive that wasn't setting something correctly. Subsequent downloads in a newer version don't match the existing dives because of it.

You should be able to confirm this by downloading all of the dives, and then trying to download them all again. The second time (using "only new dives" or "any dives that haven't been downloaded") should correctly tell you there is no new dives.
hagbard86
Dive Computer: D9

Post by hagbard86 »

nick wrote:Delete your preferences and restart.

(~/Library/Preferences/com.mintsoftware.MacDive2.plist)

did not work for me. MacDive quit unexpectedly, when I start MacDive!

Now I have no com.mintsoftware.MacDive2.plist

Any Ideas?

Lion 10.7.2

==> I reinstalled the FTDIUSBSerialDriver

Now MacDive starts but,
Invalid Device Type '(null)' - Please contact support.

Everything is working fine right now :D

D9
Lion 10.7.2
MacMini