Logbook printouts

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
ArcticMoose
Dive Computer: D9/DataMask

Re: Logbook printouts

Post by ArcticMoose »

I like the address book integration idea.

I included this very crude pdf in november, but not sure if you received it, or replied to the message, was having problems with my e-mail account at the time:

http://hem.passagen.se/davidb/halifax.jpg

Since I rarely enter anything by hand, I would gladly sacrifice most of the dive information section and almost all of the notes section for photos. Perhaps the entire notes section can be used for photos if no notes have been entered?

I also second the request for more informative graphs and a compact one-page summary of the entire log.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I recall your email, and I think I replied (I try to reply to every email that comes in, but occasionally I miss one accidentally).

Perhaps something to look at would be including an optional second page, which just contains photos ?

The PDF output in 2.0.0 is a little different as it includes a few extra things at the bottom. I'd rather not mess with the layout of that page too much, but a second page (optional in preferences perhaps) is doable for 2.1.x.
altaskier
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra3

Post by altaskier »

I echo the request for CSV export.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Will add this back.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

You can now export a photos page with the PDF.
kevincasey
Dive Computer: Atomic Cobalt

Post by kevincasey »

I like the idea of an optional second page, or even third if you've got a photo page. Something where a single page only displays the most relevant info, a graph and notes; two pages would include more geeky stuff like a larger graph with temperature and SAC info, more detailed site info and an expanded notes area; the third page could be for photos.

I'm sure some people would like a combination there of: one page summarizing as much diving as possible; one page per dive; one page plus pictures; two pages witch more detailed info; or two pages of detailed info plus pictures. Printing can get complicated fast, right?
Kevin Casey
Regulator Technician
Aqua Diving Academy
Portland, Maine, USA
skooba
Dive Computer: Oceanic OC1

Post by skooba »

I've just been looking at the Diving Log 5.0 (www.divinglog.de) website, and was really impressed with the way they handle logbook printouts with a report designer included.

As i'm extremely loathsome to install windows in order to get this functionality, It would be awesome if something similar could come to macdive, perhaps even something that would be compatible with their efforts already to enable use of their existing user templates and sharing between apps ??