Suunto D6i says 21% O2, import says 32% O2???

Problems ? Get help here!
Krotwaar
Dive Computer: Suunto D6i

Suunto D6i says 21% O2, import says 32% O2???

Post by Krotwaar »

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie in diving, in MacDive forum and with Suunto. So please forgive me when asking for others obvious things...

I have imported my first 4 dives from my D6i into macdive without issues. Cable and connection works fine.

Looking into the details however I see that MacDive indicates a P10 for personal profile, an A2 for altitude, RGBM0 and 32% oxygen

My D6i however gives a check every time you start it up, showing the settings that you are going to use for the dive. And it states very clearly P0, A0, 21% O2 and 100 percent RGBM.

Anybody experienced the same? Or does anybody know which buttons to press to correct this?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Suunto D6i says 21% O2, import says 32% O2???

Post by nick »

Krotwaar wrote:Hi everybody, I'm a newbie in diving, in MacDive forum and with Suunto. So please forgive me when asking for others obvious things...

I have imported my first 4 dives from my D6i into macdive without issues. Cable and connection works fine.

Looking into the details however I see that MacDive indicates a P10 for personal profile, an A2 for altitude, RGBM0 and 32% oxygen

My D6i however gives a check every time you start it up, showing the settings that you are going to use for the dive. And it states very clearly P0, A0, 21% O2 and 100 percent RGBM.

Anybody experienced the same? Or does anybody know which buttons to press to correct this?
The personal and altitude modes are probably being read wrong. I can take a look at that. The RGBM isn't currently being read from a D6i, so it's 0 as a default.

But the rest of your question is a little confusing - whatever your pre-dive check shows, is not necessarily what was done on previous dives. If you did a dive at 32%, then the settings screen turning on showing 21% isn't related - it's just what is set now.

If you have never done a dive set to 32%, and that's what MacDive has recorded for a dive, then that is an issue. If this is the case, then can you please drop me an email - I'll send you some instructions for a test to run, so I can take a look through your device data and see what is going wrong.

But check that you are not actually set to a 32% mix. You'll need to take a look through the manual to figure out how to do this.
Krotwaar
Dive Computer: Suunto D6i

Post by Krotwaar »

Hi!! Thanks doe Your quick reply!

I am 100 percent sure that it is a 21 percent O2 dive that I logged. 21% O2 is the only possibility when diving in AIR mode. So it is not only the precheck showing that, i am sure about the chosen settings...

Sorry for the following question, but Can you let me know where to find the button to send you a personal message?

Kind regards

Ron
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

My email address is in the signature of my posts.