Sync with Dive Log on iPad/iPhone

Problems ? Get help here!
dennypage
Dive Computer: OC1

Sync with Dive Log on iPad/iPhone

Post by dennypage »

I have an unusual issue with syncing. After I've fully synced, and I sync again, MacDive shows that there is 1 change to sync. This happens even if I've selected "Replace information on this device". The "Dives" and "Equipment" selections are greyed out. No matter how many times I sync, there is always one change left.

Is there anything I can do to identify what this troublesome change is?

Is it a bug?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Sync with Dive Log on iPad/iPhone

Post by nick »

There are a few fields that don't quite match up. If you read the Dive Log Syncing guide in the help, for example, it explains how certain fields like Water Type are dealt with. In those cases if your values do not match then you will always get a "change".

There are a few things happening that don't have an actual merge tab (personal info and certifications primarily) that will show up like this. It's likely a value that doesn't match (for example Null and 0 or something silly) that isn't important.

If it is really a big deal, then email me the data as specified in Reporting Problems in the Dive Log Syncing guide and I will take a look.
dennypage
Dive Computer: OC1

Re: Sync with Dive Log on iPad/iPhone

Post by dennypage »

Btw, I did figure out what this was. It was a certification with an empty certification number field. Once filled in, the problem disappeared. Thanks!