Atom 3 and Lion

Problems ? Get help here!
hebburn
Dive Computer: Atom3

Atom 3 and Lion

Post by hebburn »

Hi

I've just downloaded and installed Mac-dive but I'm unable to download my dives. I haven't purchased the software as I was hoping to test before buying?
I've installed the drivers, attached the computer (Atom 3) and the watch goes into "PC" mode and counts down from 2 minutes. I've tried scanning the ports through the advanced options but nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Atom 3 and Lion

Post by nick »

Have you installed the FTDI USB driver?

Have a read over the troubleshooting guide, it contains some suggestions and solutions to common problems.

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/

Check "Troubleshooting Downloads". But make sure you've installed the driver, that's the most likely problem. Also ensure you are Choosing File -> Download Dives -> Oceanic -> Atom 3.0. This does not happen automatically.
hebburn

Post by hebburn »

I've installed the FTDI USB driver. FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_16.dmg

I've read the troubleshooting and installation guide. I've also Chosen File -> Download Dives -> Oceanic -> Atom 3.0 but I'm prompted with the below.

Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbserial-20030001' (Error Code: -6)

Any other suggestions?
hebburn

Post by hebburn »

I'm also using the supplied USB cable.

Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I get this with my Atom3 sometimes. You just need to jiggle the cable around and try importing a few times. Even if you have Pc Transfer on the screen, sometimes it just isn't quite connected properly (the connection is actually VERY fiddly).

Sounds like you've done everything else right, so give it a bunch of tries while slightly adjusting the cable. It'll eventually work. Also if it fails, but is still in data transfer, you can try importing again. Sometimes that works too.
hebburn

Post by hebburn »

Yep - I adjusted the cable several times and it eventually connected. Thanks