Editing SAC in 2.1 hangs the program

Problems ? Get help here!
TWilliams
Dive Computer: Cobalt

Editing SAC in 2.1 hangs the program

Post by TWilliams »

I'm trying to change the SAC number on a dive. (MacDive computes .24 and my dive computer (Cobalt) says .67; the .24 is messing up my average SAC). I can change the number in the All Dives display, but then the program hangs. Is this a bug, feature or what? Is there a way to alter a calculated value?

Thanks,

--Tracy
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Editing SAC in 2.1 hangs the program

Post by nick »

No, there is not currently. It is calculated. You should fix your tank size (and working pressure if you are using imperial units). Where are you editing it? You shouldnt actually be able to.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Never mind - assuming you mean in the main table. I've disabled editing that for the next update.
TWilliams
Dive Computer: Cobalt

Post by TWilliams »

That's probably a good idea. Check the other calculated columns too.

There appears (?) to be an issue with the SAC calculation itself. I made 3 VERY short dives (rescue training) using 6, 3 and 22 psi respectively. The program is showing SACs of 0.14, 0.08 and 0.29 while my cobalt shows SAC that's more in line with my usual (around .6 or .7).

I'd be happy to provide you with more data if that'd help get to the bottom of this one.

--Tracy
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I'm not sure how the Cobalt internally calculates its SAC rate.

The important thing is that MacDive consistently calculates the value based on your average depth and duration, and is accurate between dives (and also dives with other computers etc). So you shouldn't really compare the two, as it's not strictly designed to be the same.

Also MacDive chops off two minutes of diving from the end of every Cobalt dive. This is surface data post-dive, but it's possible that is factored in to the onboard SAC rate which would account for a decent difference in short dives. No idea if this is actually the case, just a wild theory.