SAC rate being computed using Pony bottle!

Problems ? Get help here!
craigda
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

SAC rate being computed using Pony bottle!

Post by craigda »

Ok, so my SAC rate is not bad, but it sure ain't as good as MacDive often thinks it is!

After a little poking around, I figured out what the issue was. I usually dive with a pony bottle, which I have in my list of gear associated with each dive. Trouble is, sometimes (but not always!), MacDive calculates my SAC as if I were using the pony as my primary tank!

How do you tell MacDive which tank to use to calculate my SAC? I'd rather not have to delete the pony from my gear list. (I also can't figure out the pattern underlying when the pony is used in the calculation, and when the proper tank is used.)

(Also, should I enter "80" as the size my Al80s, or 77, which is what they really are?)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: SAC rate being computed using Pony bottle!

Post by nick »

Unfortunately at the moment, the only proper way to do this would be to change the type of the pony tank to "Pony" or something, anything that is not "Tank".

Mutliple tanks are on my todo list, which should help in fixing issues like this too.
craigda
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Re: SAC rate being computed using Pony bottle!

Post by craigda »

Ok, thank you. Done. I thought maybe it was something I could correct. since sometimes the proper bottle was being used and other times it wasn't. Anyway, I changed the type so the pony is still on the gear list but isn't being used in the SAC calculation. Thank you!