New User - Oceanic Veo 180nx

Problems ? Get help here!
Arsony
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 180nx

New User - Oceanic Veo 180nx

Post by Arsony »

Hi Nick !

Firstly, thank you so much for developing this software for the Mac! I'm a recent Mac convert and I've been looking around for a software to support my DC.
Found your software and I'm currently on the trial mode but will definitely support once I get it up and running.

Just got off the phone with Chris from SimplyScuba. Thought I might be able to get help from him setting up the software but he was unable to help me although
he mentioned that he can direct all queries to you. But then again, hey.... why dont i get in touch with you directly!

The thing is this , I've been using the Oceanic Veo 180nx with my PC previously and it works fine . Now that I'm using the Mac Pro and running Snow Leopard, I have to
download and install the USB driver and the D2XX thingy. The USB driver (FTDI one) is fairly easy to install. I'm really having problems with installing the D2xx driver. I'm not computer savvy and not all that good using the Terminal thingy. I suspect I'm doing it all wrong... cos by the time I finish installing it and connect the device to my Mac, there is an error message saying that my DC not detected....

Is there an easier way to install this? Or is there anybody in Singapore who can help me out? Cos I really hate to dispose my Veo just because I cant get it to work .....:-(
Worst come to worst, can somebody recommend a good DC (that allows handling of different mixtures ; ie gives greater headroom for advanced diving) that will work with MacDive. Thank you so so much in advance!

Arsony
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: New User - Oceanic Veo 180nx

Post by nick »

Where to start..

First, Chris (if you mean Chris Lee from Simply Scuba Singapore) isn't affiliated with MacDive in any way. Apologies if I gave you that impression, he's a good friend of mine and was my instructor while I lived there. I also installed some RAM in his computer once as a favour. I think that's about as close to MacDive as he got.

Next up, don't install the D2XX drivers. My website specifically links to the VCP driver, which is the only one you need to install. Did you install the VCP one? If so, that's all you need to do.

Have you read the troubleshooting guide found under Help? It explains the common issues - making sure the device is in PC TRANSFER mode, checking what serial port you are using under Preferecnes -> Advanced, etc.

You're not very specific with the error message - so it's hard to tell what the actual problem is. Answers to the above would be a good start.
Arsony
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 180nx

Re: New User - Oceanic Veo 180nx

Post by Arsony »

nick wrote:Where to start..

First, Chris (if you mean Chris Lee from Simply Scuba Singapore) isn't affiliated with MacDive in any way. Apologies if I gave you that impression, he's a good friend of mine and was my instructor while I lived there. I also installed some RAM in his computer once as a favour. I think that's about as close to MacDive as he got.

Next up, don't install the D2XX drivers. My website specifically links to the VCP driver, which is the only one you need to install. Did you install the VCP one? If so, that's all you need to do.

Have you read the troubleshooting guide found under Help? It explains the common issues - making sure the device is in PC TRANSFER mode, checking what serial port you are using under Preferecnes -> Advanced, etc.

You're not very specific with the error message - so it's hard to tell what the actual problem is. Answers to the above would be a good start.
Thanks Nick.

Well When I connect the DC to the Mac and click on download dives, I get this error

"Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbserial-20030001' (Error Code: -5)"

Do I need to remove the folder and files that was used for the D2XX drivers?

Thanks !

Arsony