OS X 10.7 Lion and beyond..

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

So I've been getting a bunch of email about this. Yes, MacDive does work fine with Lion.

I've tested the following devices myself:

Atomic Aquatics Cobalt
Oceanic Atom 3
Oceanic VT4
Suunto D9

All work fine. Feel free to post if you've tried something and it works so others know, and also if you're having any Lion-specific issues (please don't clog this up with general support requests for anything not related *specifically* to Lion, especially devices - post a new thread).

The next patch is looking good. Couple of people are testing it and I hope to have it out in the next few weeks.

As for the future, please be aware that I may drop Leopard support shortly. It's no longer supported for development (on Lion), and the number of users running it is a very small percentage. For now I'll maintain it, but as it gets more difficult to fight the future I'll drop it. PPC support will also be dropped, beginning with the next patch. Almost none of the existing MacDive user base is running on PPC machines (less than 10 people), and I don't have the capacity to keep supporting it. You'll still be able to use existing versions, just not new ones. Apologies, but it's becoming more and more difficult to support.

I'm aware that some things don't look quite right with the interface changes to Lion - I'll get on it :)

Cheers!
seahermit
Dive Computer: Suunto Stinger

Re: OS X 10.7 Lion and beyond..

Post by seahermit »

My Suunto Stinger works fine, going through a USB-Serial Adapter. For info though, the Prolific 2303 driver from the Prolific website didn't work for me (nothing came through at all) but this one did work:

http://xbsd.nl/2011/07/pl2303-serial-us ... -lion.html

Ben
thomasmaire
Dive Computer: Suunto D6

Post by thomasmaire »

I do have a Suunto D6, and I cannot connect trought the USB. Even if I do "scan", it doesn't find it!!!! (I do have Lion)
Could anyone help me.

Thanks,
Thomas
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps? Have you installed a USB driver? What kind of cable do you have?

If you have the official suunto cable and have installed the FTDI usb driver, then there should be no problem - please post in the support forum, as these devices work fine on Lion and I would rather keep this thread as more of a list of compatible devices/workarounds than clogging it up with general queries.
thomasmaire
Dive Computer: Suunto D6

Post by thomasmaire »

Thanks for your help.
I didn't download the Driver FTDI driver application. Now all is fine with my suntoo D6 ! :D
disco1999
Dive Computer: Shearwater Predator

Post by disco1999 »

Got MacBook Pro 2.53Ghz 4gigs ram with Lion
using Suunto Cobra 3
haven't noticed any problem beside the known issue to select the Import function TWICE before the data makes his way to MacDive

Michel
Montréal
disco1999
Dive Computer: Shearwater Predator

Post by disco1999 »

OK found an issue with Lion compared with Snow Leopard . . .

Pictures don't drop anymore in the drag 'n drop feature when creating new gear pictures, leaving the picture frame blank

any workaround ?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Works fine for me, at least using the new patch (to be released shortly). I don't recall changing anything related to it.
fireaviator
Dive Computer: Vytec

Post by fireaviator »

Lion and Suunto Vytec and Suunto cable work good. At first I got a few error messages with the cable connection despite it being a brand new cable. A few wiggles solved it.
peterbkk
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Post by peterbkk »

Hi Nick,

Works fine with my Suunto D9 on a 2008 MacPro running Lion. Just plugged it in and the import worked. :)

Regards
Peter