not all dives are imported

Problems ? Get help here!
Kaatje
Dive Computer: Vytec + Gekko

not all dives are imported

Post by Kaatje »

I just bought MacDive and after some problems with the serial port got it working. Just one problem left; there are 332 dives on my Vytec but the program only imported the last 67 dives (2010 and 2012). Can I somehow import the rest? Please, I'm computer illiterate so don't make it difficult on me!
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: not all dives are imported

Post by TnT »

Most likely these dives are simply not present on your Vytec anymore. Dive computers have a very limited amount of internal memory (8K for your Vytec), and use that memory in a circular fashion. Once the memory is full, the dive computer starts to overwrite the oldest dives. Dives that have been overwritten are permanently gone. Your dive computer does maintain a lifetime history (e.g. total number of dives, total dive time, max depth, etc), but these are just statistics.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
bubble7
Dive Computer: vyper

Post by bubble7 »

I have the same thing happened with my Vyper!
some log just don't download?
and my dive computer didn't reach the following yet:
"The Dive History Memory can hold a maximum
of 999 dives and 999 diving hours. When these
maximum values are reached, the counters will start
again from 0."
Kaatje

Post by Kaatje »

TnT wrote:Most likely these dives are simply not present on your Vytec anymore. Dive computers have a very limited amount of internal memory (8K for your Vytec), and use that memory in a circular fashion. Once the memory is full, the dive computer starts to overwrite the oldest dives. Dives that have been overwritten are permanently gone. Your dive computer does maintain a lifetime history (e.g. total number of dives, total dive time, max depth, etc), but these are just statistics.

Most likely, but 67 doesn't seem like a hugh number and it is such an odd number to. Plus they start -6-05-2010, not all dives 2010 or something like that.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

TnT wrote:Most likely these dives are simply not present on your Vytec anymore. Dive computers have a very limited amount of internal memory (8K for your Vytec), and use that memory in a circular fashion. Once the memory is full, the dive computer starts to overwrite the oldest dives. Dives that have been overwritten are permanently gone. Your dive computer does maintain a lifetime history (e.g. total number of dives, total dive time, max depth, etc), but these are just statistics.
The dive history limits you mention only refer to what I called the dive statistics above. These are just a few numbers that are updated after each dive. They are stored in a dedicated memory area, separate from the downloadable dive profiles. It's only the dive profiles that gets overwritten once the memory area that is reserved for the profile data is full.

The number of dive profiles that can be stored depends on the samplerate (e.g a fast samplerate fills the memory faster) and the length of your dives (longer dives obviously require more memory). At the default samplerate of 20s, you can store about 40 1hour dives.
Kaatje wrote:Most likely, but 67 doesn't seem like a hugh number and it is such an odd number to. Plus they start -6-05-2010, not all dives 2010 or something like that.
Well, 8K of memory (kilobytes not megabytes) isn't huge either.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Kaatje

Post by Kaatje »

I'll just live with it then. Can I renumber the dives in MacDive so the correspond (sorry, is this correct, I'm Dutch) with my paper log?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Read the help, under Dive Numbering:

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... _Numbering