Mac Dive to Dive Log Sync issue

Problems ? Get help here!
mattst
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT3

Mac Dive to Dive Log Sync issue

Post by mattst »

first of all, thank you for the time you have put into such a great app!

I am new to both apps yours and Dive Log for the iPhone/iPad.
I was able to get my old logs transitioned into Mac Dive without to much effort. (I am very very pleased with that.)

Now the only issue I am having is syncing from Mac Dive to Dive Log. I have all the dives transferred, and that went well, but after I got all that done I noticed my contact info in Dive Log had been wiped out. So I very carefully put it all back in. But after my next sync it was all gone again. I see from one of the other replies here on the forum that you have a page(http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... e_Log_Sync) that says that contact info isn't supported but shouldn't that mean that it doesn't touch the contact info/certs?

thanks again for such a great app!
glad to finally be able to keep track of my log without having to boot into windows or use parallels
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Mac Dive to Dive Log Sync issue

Post by nick »

Each time you do a sync, a new database is created. So yes, any unsupported info is wiped out.

The good news is that both Personal Info and Certifications are supported in the next patch, along with Weight, Site Images, and some significant performance improvements, and to top it off, support for some new stuff that will be in the next release of Dive Log.

Yes, my weekend was very exciting..
mattst
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT3

Post by mattst »

SWEET!! thanks for the update

:)

this app and support are awesome!
Ade
Dive Computer: Suunto

Post by Ade »

nick wrote:The good news is that both Personal Info and Certifications are supported in the next patch.
Hi, please can you tell me if (or when) this patch has been implemented? My certs are also failing to sync.

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Well, yes it has been implemented.

No, it is not available yet. It will be available next month.