Failed to read header information (Error Code: -5) - battery

Problems ? Get help here!
zugvogel
Dive Computer: Suunto Mosquito

Failed to read header information (Error Code: -5) - battery

Post by zugvogel »

Hi,
after running into the above error and searching through the forum, I tried the different trouble shooting steps to no avail.
The light on the cable gave a short green flash, on the display of my Suunto two arrows blinked shortly, but then the error hit again each time I tried.

What ultimately turned out to be the problem is the little battery icon at the bottom of my Suunto's screen..... indicating that the battery is too low to communicate via serial port.

So if you can't connect, maybe it is just the battery of your dive computer running on empty.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Failed to read header information (Error Code: -5) - bat

Post by nick »

The troubleshooting instructions indicate that low battery can cause issues:

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... _Downloads

Sometimes you don't even get the low battery warning. I believe my suunto had a dodgy battery put in it last time I got it serviced. It started playing up when trying to download, and would often fail. I went away on holiday. When I took it out of my bag when I arrived overseas, it was dead. No low battery warning like usual, it just died. The downloading playing up was an early indication, I think. I just got it back and it's much more reliable when I plug it in.