Error trying to download data from my Vyper Air

Problems ? Get help here!
fgoloway
Dive Computer: Vyper Air

Error trying to download data from my Vyper Air

Post by fgoloway »

When I try to import from my Vyper Air I receive the following error message: "Failed to read version information (Error Code: -6)"
Here is the other information available at the time of this message:

Vyper Air console display: "Data Transfer"

Additional information
System Profiler shows: "USB Bus - Sunnto Sports Instrument"
output from ls /dev/tty.*
/dev/tty.Bluetooth-Modem /dev/tty.usbserial-ST000001
/dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

I have run the diagnostic program and attached the VYPER2.LOG file, but I can't seem to find the VYPER2.DMP file. Two things to note:
1. You can see from the LOG file that I eventually took my VYPER off to stop it as the diagnostics just looked to be repeating themselves.
2. I have not used my VYPER AIR yet, so there is no data on it! However I want to get MacDive setup and running before my next dive trip.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: Error trying to download data from my Vyper Air

Post by TnT »

The reason why there is no VYPER2.DMP file is because you disconnected your dive computer during the transfer and thus the test application failed to make a full memory dump. The output is certainly not repeating, although it may look that way because your dive computer is mostly empty.

The logfile indicates there is no error (other than the disconnect), so macdive should work fine. Maybe you just experienced a temporary error due to a bad connection. Note that there is a known problem where sometimes the first transfer fails, but a second one immediately afterwards works. But there is no such error in your logfile.
fgoloway
Dive Computer: Vyper Air

Post by fgoloway »

You were correct on trying it a second time. I started from scratch still received the error on my first import, but when I tried importing a second time I received a message that there were no dives to download. Thanks for your prompt reply. :D
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

If you are able to reproduce this failure on first import with the test application, please send me the logfiles. It would be great if we could actually fix this problem! Note that you may not notice this type of error easily with the test app because it does two downloads, so the first error may be hidden by the output of the second attempt.