Integration AddressBook / iCal / iPhoto

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
patrickpreuss
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Integration AddressBook / iCal / iPhoto

Post by patrickpreuss »

Hi Nick

it would be great to Organize Buddies / Sites / Bases in the AddressBook.
also nice would be to have an integration to iCal maybe as new Calendar or to add them to the main calendar. :-)
i would also say the Photos should be stored in iPhoto, it would be wonderfull when i can add my Photos in MacDive and they will be stored inside iPhoto. MayBe this integrations can be realized as a Plugable Library so we can add other options.

It would be also great when it would be possible to send / export my data to "DAN" or some other server.

Cheers Patrick
The worst day diving is better than the best day working.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Integration AddressBook / iCal / iPhoto

Post by nick »

patrickpreuss wrote: it would be great to Organize Buddies / Sites / Bases in the AddressBook.
Buddies when they auto complete are read from the address book. More integration is on the to-do list (adding some fields to address book for example).
also nice would be to have an integration to iCal maybe as new Calendar or to add them to the main calendar. :-)
Also somewhere on my to-do list, specifically for gear servicing.
i would also say the Photos should be stored in iPhoto, it would be wonderfull when i can add my Photos in MacDive and they will be stored inside iPhoto. MayBe this integrations can be realized as a Plugable Library so we can add other options.
Lots of people don't use iPhoto, and I won't force anyone to. As it isnow, you can drag a photo from iPhoto to MacDive and it is stored in iPhoto (provided you make sure "let macdive manage photos" is not ticked), so that's basically what you want.
It would be also great when it would be possible to send / export my data to "DAN" or some other server.
Yup, also on the to-do list :) I've already spoken to them and gotten details about the format they want etc, it's just a matter of time/priority.

Plenty of stuff to do, I'm getting to it as I can !
patrickpreuss
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Re: Integration AddressBook / iCal / iPhoto

Post by patrickpreuss »

Hello Nick

sounds great.

about iPhoto integration no i don't whant to force someone to do anything but it would be great to have some kind of framework to integrate MacDive to your prefered Photo Management Software and iPhoto is basicly on every Mac ;-)

About AddressBook sounds great ;-)

Realy great work.

Cheers
Patrick
The worst day diving is better than the best day working.