Photo Export Ability

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Photo Export Ability

Post by azchipka »

For those of us storing our photos in the database itself it would be nice if we could export it later on. As is once the file is in there is no way to get it back out unless of course I am completely missing something which is always possible.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Photo Export Ability

Post by nick »

This is now possible, in a way.

Photos are no longer stored in your database, and you can find them all in the Application Support directory.
probe1

Post by probe1 »

Neat way of managing photos !
However I noticed that in the Finder, folders and files lost their real names, and have now obscure numbers instead ...
So may I suggest a "Reveal in Finder" type feature that will make it easier to locate our pictures ?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Keeping the names would be tricky, as I'm sure sometimes people will add the same photos etc.

Ultimately MacDive isn't a photo manager. If you want more organisation, you are better to store them in iPhoto or some such and drag them to macdive (and NOT choose "let macdive manage photos"). Or, copy them to another location and do the same, so you can control whatever filenames you want.

Really the primary reason this functionality exists is to make it convenient to back up your whole data set or migrate to a new computer.