iPhone & iPod Touch

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
gajahduduk

Re: iPhone & iPod Touch

Post by gajahduduk »

Hi... I just wanted to say that I own Dive Log for the iPhone and like it a lot. (Have one suggestion though: please make notes more prominent and easier to access and view).

On the desktop side I've been using Diving Log for Windows under emulation because it allows true sync between it and Dive Log on iPhone. Basically I don't like using emulation, but the import/export method currently offered by MacDive is not satisfactory so I continue to use it. When MacDive supports true sync with Dive Log, then I will buy it.

So far in demo mode there are other short comings I'd like to see addressed, but that is my number one pre-purchase requirement. Here is a short list:
http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=513

Thanks.
AlexSP
Dive Computer: Vyper Air

Post by AlexSP »

nick wrote:Greg and I are working on something. For the new release (2.0) I may have something temporary in place, with proper native syncing for 2.1. It will be one of the first things I start working on once 2.0 is out.

For now I need to just finish up as it's got so many bug fixes and improvements that I really would like to get out there and I'm trying not to add in anything new.
Hey Nick. 1st wanted to say Great Program and Greg's as well for the iPhone. Like others in this thread I have an iPhone and use Dive Log and works a real treat. I wanted to know what you meant by "native syncing"? Is that where I can put something in your program and then sync it to the iPhone and while on a dive put things on the iPhone then merge the info together after downloading the info from the dive computer and maybe the location and conditions, ect.... I put in the iPhone?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Alex :D
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

That's pretty much the size of it, yeah.
AlexSP
Dive Computer: Vyper Air

Post by AlexSP »

ok cool thanks looking forward to seeing it come out. :D
Worfy
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by Worfy »

Hi i am (as well) really looking forward to this update.
Do you got any idea when we can expect it? I guess there isn't any chance for this to happen before 11/19 (i'll go on a diving holiday then ;))

all the best