Switching Units

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
marcusdoshi
Dive Computer: Perdix

Switching Units

Post by marcusdoshi »

Has anyone got any experience with switching between units? All of my dives to date have been in imperial (I live in the US), and I'm making a switch to Metric for an upcoming class in CA. I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues switching back and forth between the two in the desktop app settings and/or any concerns with the desktop app settings and computer settings being in different units.
TIA!
Shadallark
Dive Computer: Mares Wrist Puck

Re: Switching Units

Post by Shadallark »

Hey there marcusdoshi;

I have switched back and forth between units frequently and have not had any issues. My partner prefers her dive computer in feet while our children and I use metric on our dive computers. The software on the Mac has no problems loading the data even though we use different units and does a good job of switching between units when changing the settings in the preferences.

Hopefully, the units switching works fine for you.

Have a great day!

Shadallark
The MacDs
New Brunswick, Canada

Family of Mares Puck and Aqualung i300c users
marcusdoshi
Dive Computer: Perdix

Re: Switching Units

Post by marcusdoshi »

Thank you Shadalark. I've been messing around and the real bummer is that, unless I'm missing something, the tank pressures don't convert between bar and psi and the volumes don't convert between liters and ft3. I wonder if anyone else has any insight?