iOS App: Export Dives & adding Pictures

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
fhdt
Dive Computer: Suunto Mosquito

iOS App: Export Dives & adding Pictures

Post by fhdt »

Hy Nick,
i have 2 suggestions for your great App:

Export Feature
Would it be possible to export Dives (as xml or other formats) directly to the “Share Menue” of iOS. So that this generated file could be saved, or emailed, or anything else?

Importing Pictures
I think it will be a nice feature if you can directly import pictures (from the iOS Fotos App - i don’t know the English name but I guess you know the app I mean) via the iOS Share Menue. You select the piture(s), Click Share, choose MacDive. And in the MacDive App the pictures are Auto assigned via the time code to a specific dive.

I know you are quite busy but maybe you can think of these ideas?

Greetings from Vienna
Franz
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: iOS App: Export Dives & adding Pictures

Post by nick »

You can already export UDDF files: http://mac-dive.com/help/ios_01_14_utilities.php

Last I checked, I had trouble getting the EXIF date out of an image, so the auto-add type functionality wasn't possible. I will take another look when I get a chance.
fhdt

Post by fhdt »

Hey Nick!
Thanks for your quick response.
Actually I want to import my dives to dive-logs.de - And think this site needs something like xml or so. In the Mac Version of your Great Software i can export to this format. Maybe this would be able also in the iOS Versions?
And thanks for the Info of the exif Data. Maybe it will work some time...
Greetings and Thanks
Franz
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I would have thought dive-logs could import UDDF. If not, I can look at exporting those files from iOS at some point. I'll add a note to look in to it when I get a chance.
fhdt

Post by fhdt »

Hy Nick!
I just found some time to play around with divelogs.de
And I think the only „native“ format they are able to import is UDCF. And this seems to be something different as UDDF which is supported by iOS Mac-Dive. At least it is not able to import the UDDF File.
But you already said, that you will look over it at some time, so take this just as an information ;-)
Greetings from our (dive) vacation in Thailand
Franz