Not syncing to Dropbox

Problems ? Get help here!
RobLion

Not syncing to Dropbox

Post by RobLion »

New user. Entered dives on iPad manually to redo my dive logs.

synced to dropbox. Apps folders installed.

tried to sync to my iPhone but can't since iPhone is working on a different dropbox account. also installed apps folder.

deleted apps folders on both dropbox accounts and signed out of iPad dropbox (business one) and into personal dropbox which is the one the iPhone uses. Sync'd iPad and nothing happens. there are no apps folders created on either the personal dropbox or the business dropbox. thought maybe the iPad was still trying to sync to the business acct. revoked permissions although i'm not sure what's actually happening when i do. turned off iPad. synced again and same. no folders created anywhere.

I hope entering a bunch of dives manually with photos etc wasn't a waste of time...cause it took a while. dives are still on the iPad.

iCloud isn't a option either.
what's going on....how do i get the iPad to point to the right dropbox.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Not syncing to Dropbox

Post by nick »

Disable syncing on your phone, and on the iPad, Reset Cloud Data. This will also disable syncing. Give it some time, and then try enabling again. If you have revoked permissions you should get prompted again to log in.

Do you have the Dropbox app on your iPad? If you do, I believe this is used instead of the web login, so it depends what the app is logged in to.

Try and avoid messing with Dropbox directly, you can put things in to a strange state.

If you are still having trouble, then:

1. Settings > Enable debug logging on the iPad
2. Repeat everything I suggested above
3. When it is complete, Settings > Email support

I will take a look at the log. Thanks.
RobLion

Post by RobLion »

Thank you for the help. However, no change. The "app" folders are still not in the appropriate drop box.

Settings does not reveal debug, and google shows debug console under safari iOS. Don't know if that's what you want. Please provide the full map.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I gave you the steps earlier:

1. In MacDive > Settings > Enable debug logging
2. Repeat the other steps I suggested above
3. When it is complete, in MacDive > Settings > Email support

The User Guide contains instructions on how to find Settings if you are unable to locate it:
http://mac-dive.com/help/ios_02_02_sidebar.php