Multi divers management: gears, certifications

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
arnaudbarbier
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Multi divers management: gears, certifications

Post by arnaudbarbier »

Hi Nick,

My partner and I are new in diving, we got our PADI certifications together last year, and MacDive is a great product to manage our dives. Thank you for that :)

Since I am the techie of the couple, I am the one using Macdive and trying to be organized with it.
My request mainly focus on the management of gears and certifications.
1) Could we find a way to easily identify diver's gears like a last line with the owner of the gear, maybe a color.
2) Could we have an option to copy/paste a gear to duplicate it. Maybe an Import option.
3) Also a way to identify which certification is selected in the dive inspector, maybe to have only a selection of the diver's certifications available when a diver is selected in the diver listbox (dive inspector)

Thank again Nick for the hard work.

--
Arnaud
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Multi divers management: gears, certifications

Post by nick »

arnaudbarbier wrote: My partner and I are new in diving, we got our PADI certifications together last year, and MacDive is a great product to manage our dives. Thank you for that :)
You are most welcome! Thanks for the kind words :)
1) Could we find a way to easily identify diver's gears like a last line with the owner of the gear, maybe a color.
Do you mean in the Gear view? One thing you can do is use the search box and type your name - provided you have set the Owner of the gear, the list will be filtered quickly for you. Does that help?
2) Could we have an option to copy/paste a gear to duplicate it. Maybe an Import option.
Sure, that's a good idea. Let me look at that.
3) Also a way to identify which certification is selected in the dive inspector, maybe to have only a selection of the diver's certifications available when a diver is selected in the diver listbox (dive inspector)
Ah yes. You know, I actually removed the Certification field from the Inspector (it is still available in the table view). Filtering by diver if selected is a good idea though, I'll look at doing that.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I added the option to Right Click -> Duplicate Gear to the Gear view for you. Will be in the next update.
arnaudbarbier
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Post by arnaudbarbier »

Thanks for your switft reply Nick.

1) I didn't know for the owner's gear in the search bar, my bad :|
I will use this for now ;)

2) Great thanks :D

3) Hope you can find something, it's really helpful when doing bulk modification.

Have a great weekend

-
Arnaud
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

For 3), the certifications are now filtered by the selected diver to make this easier. Thanks for the suggestion - definitely a good idea if you have multiple divers with the same certifications :)
markcampagna
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Post by markcampagna »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, and I read the documentation the website, TheMacBook version allows me to select the Certification on the General page, but I don't see it in the iPad or iPhone version.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Still on my TODO list, I forgot to add it in the iPad update.

I'll bump it up a bit and look to get it in shortly.
markcampagna
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Post by markcampagna »

nick wrote:Still on my TODO list, I forgot to add it in the iPad update.

I'll bump it up a bit and look to get it in shortly.

Thanks so much