Scubapro G2 download problem

Problems ? Get help here!
DaveH2O
Dive Computer: Pro Plus 3, Atom 3.1

Scubapro G2 download problem

Post by DaveH2O »

Scubapro recently updated the software on the G2 Console computer and now I cannot get my Mac to recognize the dive computer. I previously downloaded my dives via USB and I now receive an error message stating that there was an Import Error and that MacDive encountered a problem downloading from your Scubapro G2 - Failed to open device. I get intermittent connection via Bluetooth but once I do get connectivity I receive a message that there are no new dives to download. I am able to download via USB and Bluetooth to the Scubapro Log Track program and another dive log program that I've also been using. I only seem to have an issue with MacDive recognizing the dive computer and/or recognizing new dives. Any suggestions?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Scubapro G2 download problem

Post by nick »

The short answer is that the Console is different and not currently supported.

Email support. I’ll look at making the necessary changes and then getting you a beta version.
DaveH2O
Dive Computer: Pro Plus 3, Atom 3.1

Post by DaveH2O »

OK ... FYI, I've been downloading my G2 console since I purchased it last January and never had a problem until the latest Scubapro software update. It may not have been supported but it worked fine until Scubapro tweaked it.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

USB won't work, it's missing something. It's a quick fix tonight when I get home from work.

For BLE, actually I would have thought it would work. I would need to see a log. Simplest way, is on iOS, go to Settings > Enable debug logging. Do a transfer. Then back to settings, tap Email, and it will attach the log and email it to me. I will take a look.