New Releases - macOS 2.9.4, iOS 1.2.11

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nauidiver
Dive Computer: Atom 3.1

Re: New Releases - macOS 2.9.4, iOS 1.2.11

Post by nauidiver »

nick wrote:Is sync photos enabled on your iPhone?

When you reset, did you confirm removing the images as well?

Thanks
Yup.

Sync photos is on for everything and I verified that the sync photos is on for the dives as well.

And when I reset I said to delete photos. I also uninstalled the app from my iPhone and then reinstalled it.

I’m at a loss here to understand what’s happened. But it was all syncing fine before this release. I’d like to rollback and try again but I didn’t keep the old installer.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: New Releases - macOS 2.9.4, iOS 1.2.11

Post by nick »

The old version will not fix anything. Nothing at all changed in regards to syncing, so whatever happened is simply an unfortunate coincidence. Particularly given this was released months ago, and you say this is on iOS as well. Reinstalling 2.9.2 is not going to change anything there. It sounds more like an issue uploading the photo in the first place.

Note that the "broken image" icon just means "there's a photo, but it's not here.. at least not yet". It's just a placeholder, not an indication of a specific problem.

I would try deleting the photos from the dive and then adding them again. Perhaps that will be enough. Also make sure you have enough space free on your Dropbox account.

If that doesn't work, then please email me. I will get some more detailed logging from you, because it's a bit hard to help any further without some specifics.

Thanks