IOS Sync failed after 65%

MacDive for iPhone. Feedback, requests, bug reports.. let us know!
MrT
Dive Computer: VyperAir

IOS Sync failed after 65%

Post by MrT »

Hi there.
I of course wanted to try the new IphoneApp.
Enabled Sync on my Macdive osx, setup Dropbox sharing. It went fine.

Installed the App , started , clicked sync ... But it fails after 65% ...

What can I do to get it fixed?

Regards MrT
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: IOS Sync failed after 65%

Post by nick »

Hey there,

First thing to do is just try again. Sometimes you'll get dropouts, random network problems, etc. It's worth just retrying it as that can recover from a lot of intermittent problems.

If the problem persists, then drop me an email. We can debug it from there.

Cheers,
-nick
MrT
Dive Computer: VyperAir

Post by MrT »

Mail sent.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thanks so much for your help/patience. I've already replied to your email, but this problem is now fixed and MacDive 2.5.1 for Mac has been released.

Basically the issue was a very old bug when duplicating dives, where it would duplicate the "unique id" of the dive as well as the various bits of data. This causes an issue with the sync as it finds a conflict and aborts. 2.5.1 will fix any of these duplicates before it starts syncing. I tested on your data and it fixes the issue.

For anyone else with a similar issue, it's relatively simple to fix. It does require resetting your cloud data, but that's easy enough. If you have any trouble drop me an email and I'll walk you through it.
ray2day
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Post by ray2day »

Hello Nick,

Finnialy I got my new iphone and MacDive for IOS. I also have some problems with syncing MacDive Mac OSX and IOS.

Dives went well, only the images take a very long time to transfer to my iphone.

Sometimes it's transfering (images) and taking all my bandwith and some times it doesn't transfer anything.
I have no problem with that unless all images are transfered, but it aint! :o

I read about the choice of using dropbox, but I all ready got the message that my dropbox is full! :shock:

Anyhow thankx for all work and for making it possible for MacDive to work on IOS. Super! :)

Best regards,
Raymond
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hi,

Did you enable syncing of Photos? This is disabled by default. Your gear, certifications etc will sync, but not your actual Photos. You can enable this under Cloud Sync > Settings > Sync Photos.

It is on by default on the Mac. Just not on the iPhone, which has more limited storage space. We thought people would prefer it to be off, however it seems to cause more confusion than anything.
ray2day

Post by ray2day »

Hello Nick,

I did not. It was already (standard) set to "sync photo's" when I downloaded the new version (OS X).
- missunderstanding/rectification: on my iphone "sync photo's is off"

Sorry, for my entry here. After I wrote this I read this thread: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1954
Last edited by ray2day on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray2day

Post by ray2day »

PS. Is there a way to see how much Gigabytes I have on pictures in MacDive (OS X) (before I decide to put the 'photo sync' on on my iphone)?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

No need to apologise - this is really confusing when you start up the iPhone app, everything syncs, and you see "broken" images.

We're trying to work out the best way to deal with it, as there are people with a large number of photos (someone was posting that has 7,000 odd).
ray2day

Post by ray2day »

Yes I read.

Is there a way to see how much Gigabytes I have on pictures in MacDive (OS X) (before I decide to put the 'photo sync' on on my iphone)?