Request: Adding images via ios share

MacDive for iPhone. Feedback, requests, bug reports.. let us know!
espenmoe
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Steel

Request: Adding images via ios share

Post by espenmoe »

Would it be possible to integrate MacDive with the share-function for images in Ios?

When I hit the share-button in Lightroom for is, I get the opportunity to send the image to lots of apps as — but MacDive is not one of them. To get your image from Lightroom, you must first save it to is images, and from there you can find them in MacDive. This results in a duplicate image in Lightroom since all my images captured on my iPhone are auto-added to Lightroom.

So, an integration to the share-image option in is would be great!

Yours
Espen
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Request: Adding images via ios share

Post by nick »

I will look in to it. Unfortunately this raises a number of questions around what happens to the image (based on what metadata is available for a given image, etc) so it's not as simple as it sounds.

Note that right now MacDive supports "Pasting" copied images in various places (see the User Guide for more). That would be simple to add, if a bit manual. At least you could Copy an image in LR, then switch back to MacDive and I could allow Pasting in to a dive, much as you can with Gear or other things right now. Would that help in the meantime?
espenmoe

Post by espenmoe »

That would be great!
v3rlon
Dive Computer: Data Trans

Post by v3rlon »

Similarly, I use Mac Photos.

I cannot drag an image from photos to MacDive.
* I CAN drag them to the desktop, then drag that result into MacDive.

When trying to add images via the requestor, it finds SOME images with the assigned dates, but nowhere close to all.
Many of these images are scanned in from photographs, with dates assigned manually. Additionally, I put them in an album labeled 'Scuba Diving.' Even if I try to manually add the photos, it only shows about 8 of 200 photos in the album.

Is there a way to get them to show up so I can add them?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

espenmoe wrote:That would be great!
Have done this for the next release. It will be in TestFlight in the next day or two, so you should see it.
espenmoe

Post by espenmoe »

nick wrote:
Have done this for the next release. It will be in TestFlight in the next day or two, so you should see it.
Cool!
espenmoe

Post by espenmoe »

v3rlon wrote: Many of these images are scanned in from photographs, with dates assigned manually.
This is probably caused by changing the date in the wrong metadata-field. Photos have several metadata fields, som do a test on one image, and see if you can figure out what field to change.

Myself I use Lightroom, and can only recommend using this software, since it gives you bether control of the different metadata fields.

Espen :-)
v3rlon
Dive Computer: Data Trans

Post by v3rlon »

espenmoe wrote:
v3rlon wrote: Many of these images are scanned in from photographs, with dates assigned manually.
This is probably caused by changing the date in the wrong metadata-field. Photos have several metadata fields, som do a test on one image, and see if you can figure out what field to change.

Myself I use Lightroom, and can only recommend using this software, since it gives you bether control of the different metadata fields.

I am using Apple photos.
There is an option to 'Adjust date and time' from the top menu. It is how I set all the dates and times given that I scanned the images in long after I took the film pictures. They are also assigned a location in the Cayman Islands. The assigned time and location is the same for photos that do and do not show up for the same dive (i.e. Stingray City).
espenmoe

Post by espenmoe »

v3rlon wrote:
espenmoe wrote:

I am using Apple photos.
There is an option to 'Adjust date and time' from the top menu. It is how I set all the dates and times given that I scanned the images in long after I took the film pictures. They are also assigned a location in the Cayman Islands. The assigned time and location is the same for photos that do and do not show up for the same dive (i.e. Stingray City).
Find a free metadata analyser and check what fields apple photo actually edits.
espenmoe

Post by espenmoe »

espenmoe wrote:
nick wrote:
Cool!
Just tested it: works great!!