GPS tracked points time (or export?)

MacDive for iPhone. Feedback, requests, bug reports.. let us know!
weppos
Dive Computer: Perdix, Petrel

GPS tracked points time (or export?)

Post by weppos »

I use the GPS tracking feature a lot, and it's awesome.

I recently did some dives in the Philippines, and most of them were drift dives. One day I also did an exploration using the DPV, and we covered a couple of miles of coast.

As a result, I have a lot of tracked locations. In several cases, the dives crossed each others and it's very hard from the list of points to be able to determine when it was tracked (e.g. if I should want to determine the various points for a single dive).

Is it possible to add the point timestamp in the box that appears when you click on a point, and/or be able to export the tracked location list somehow?

I also noticed the tracked locations are not sync with the Mac version.
Attachments
Photo 04-10-2017, 10 31 51.png
Photo 04-10-2017, 10 31 31.png
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: GPS tracked points time (or export?)

Post by nick »

Is it possible to add the point timestamp in the box that appears when you click on a point
I think I have a TODO for that. Seems reasonable, I will look in to it (depending on how messy it looks in the UI).
and/or be able to export the tracked location list somehow?
If you go to iTunes File Sharing, there's a file called "locations.plist". This is an XML property list file that contains all of the tracked locations. Note that I am planning on putting this in to the main database in the next big update, at which point it will no longer be supported/used. Also note that the format is subject to change. It's unlikely, but don't rely on it.
I also noticed the tracked locations are not sync with the Mac version.
No, because they are just in that separate file right now. As above, I am planning on making them part of the database eventually, at which point they will sync. And then, could potentially be used on the Mac. Initially it was decided to KISS, and have it as an iOS feature.