Scubapro Uwatec computers for MacDive?

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Plan
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin 2G

Scubapro Uwatec computers for MacDive?

Post by Plan »

Is there any way I can add my aladin to MacDive?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Scubapro Uwatec computers for MacDive?

Post by nick »

No - sorry. Not directly.

As has been covered many times, I am willing to do a one-off data import for migrating users, but I don't have the time to do this regularly as it requires a significant amount of manual work.

Uwatec computers are not supported. I have been in contact with them, and there is some hope this may change in the future. I will be sure to let everyone know if this happens, but for now, they are not supported.
matthewj628
Dive Computer: Uwatec Luna

Post by matthewj628 »

Is there any update on the Uwatecs yet? I have a Galeleo Luna. I would purchase this software if it supported my dive comp.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

No, sorry.
banessi
Dive Computer: Uwqtec Galileo

Post by banessi »

I'd love to see this added. My wife and I have been running Suunto D9s until now as we just bought two Galileo Lunas. Even if you don't get computer support it would be really nice to at least be able to import the data format. Please help us from having to use two different logs and or leaving MacDive. I love your software. I'm betting you could probably get us all to happily pay for an upgrade.
cheinelt
Dive Computer: UWATEC Aladin Air Z

Post by cheinelt »

I have an ScubaPro/UWATEC Aladin Air Z O2. It would be great to see support for the Aladin family in MacDive. I would even volunteer to implement the data transfer for an Aladin in combination with the MemoMouse (Interface via RS-232 to PC/Mac) as I've implemented such in Java once already.

Is there any chance that you would integrate such code in MacDive?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Drop me an email.
banessi
Dive Computer: Uwqtec Galileo

Post by banessi »

Just checking to see if you've had any luck with Scubapro on the Uwatec/Galileo? Since buying a Galileo, I've basically gone back to doing paper logs until there is a fix as I just can't handle using anything other than MacDive (not to mention not wanting to have to logs).

Thanks for an excellent product.
Chris H
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by Chris H »

I've just had some great success converting 500+ dives from Smart Trak into Mac Dive.
The support team at Dive Log converted my Smart Trak log into a .sql file that I loaded into Dive Log on my iPhone. I was then able to sync my iPhone with Mac Dive with very favorable results. Nick's support has been second to none and I'm enjoying Mac Dive. I now download dives from my Shearwater Predator instead of my Aladin TEC 2G. This is a better option for me because the Shearwater is attached to my CCR and the Aladin is in gauge mode 99+% of the time. You could likely use JTRAK to get the data into your Mac and then dump it from there to a program like Mac Dive.
I'm very pleased with my results after spending $12 on Dive Log iOS and $25 on Mac Dive.