2.3.5 Update

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

2.3.5 Update

Post by nick »

A very quick update, primarily to address a crash on 10.6. Apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you run in to any issues.

New Features:
Added support for the Mares Puck 2 (2013).

Bug Fixes:
Fixed a fatal crash on OS X 10.6.
Fixed issue where on some occasions licenses would be invalid on Yosemite.
Fixed reading the surface interval from a Hollis TX1.
ASG101
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Re: 2.3.5 Update

Post by ASG101 »

Hi,

Just returned form a trip and went to download my dives. I was prompted to install the 2.3.5 update which I did. I now find that any attempt to download dives results in the following error message Failed to read header information (Error Code: -7). I am using a Suunto Zoop and have not previously had any issues with dowmnloads.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Make sure your cable is connected properly, it's not wet and doesn't have any bent pins, etc. The usual cause of this error is that it is not in PC transfer mode. The other very common cause is low battery.

There wasn't any changes to downloading from a Zoop in this version, so it shouldn't be any different.

If you still have trouble, run the test instructions that are sticked under How To Report Download Problems, using the "vyper" test, and email the results to support.
ASG101
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Post by ASG101 »

Thanks for the quick response - a bit more fiddling with connections etc has got me sorted!
smh1980
Dive Computer: sherwood wisdom 3

Post by smh1980 »

i am having trouble opening up mac div my osx is 10.6.8
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hello,

It really depends what the problem is. I have a new beta version that resolves one issue with 10.6, perhaps you are running in to that? You might need to email me with the details of exactly what your problem is, and I can send you the new beta to try out if that's the case. Otherwise we can look in to it further.

Thanks!
smh1980
Dive Computer: sherwood wisdom 3

Post by smh1980 »

thank you for your promt response i sent you an email with the report and what is happening