Location editing

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Ken
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Location editing

Post by Ken »

For location editing, could you please allow a duplicate or copy/paste function, so I can quickly create new sites when all I need to change from the previous site is the site name itself? Or is there an easy way to do this that I'm not aware of? And related to that, please add the ability to edit multiple sites if you need to change one thing. I had a bunch of sites that all I needed to do was change "Kailua-Kona" to "Kailua-Kona, HI". I had to change each one individually. Again, please correct me if I can do this and am not realizing it.

Thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Location editing

Post by nick »

Ken wrote:For location editing, could you please allow a duplicate or copy/paste function, so I can quickly create new sites when all I need to change from the previous site is the site name itself?
If you are in the dive inspector you can do this by filling out country/location/site, and clicking create. Then when you go to the next dive the values are still there - just change the site or whatever and click create.
Or is there an easy way to do this that I'm not aware of? And related to that, please add the ability to edit multiple sites if you need to change one thing. I had a bunch of sites that all I needed to do was change "Kailua-Kona" to "Kailua-Kona, HI". I had to change each one individually. Again, please correct me if I can do this and am not realizing it.
Ya, go to sites, choose the list view, select all, get info, change location/site/country or whatever.
Ken

Post by Ken »

nick wrote:If you are in the dive inspector you can do this by filling out country/location/site, and clicking create. Then when you go to the next dive the values are still there - just change the site or whatever and click create.
Ok, thanks.
nick wrote: Ya, go to sites, choose the list view, select all, get info, change location/site/country or whatever.
Crap, thanks. Not sure how I missed that. :)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Kind of an issue with the fact there are functionality differences between the thumbnail/list view I guess. Not particularly obvious. Both have their uses!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Actually, all I use is list view, so I have less of an excuse!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ok, now I know what's not working here. I have two dives that had the site name. I found out now that one of these two sites is different. How do I easily change the site name of one of them? I can't duplicate a dive and change the site name. If I edit the dive, I would have to re-input the country and location or they come up blank.

Thanks.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

There's currently no really easy way of doing this, other than re-typing and clicking Create New in the dive inspector, or creating a new site then selecting it from the drop down.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ok. Please consider this a feature request. :)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Well, I'll bundle it in with "make sites not suck" and it'll get fixed at some point.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks. :D