Beta Testers Needed (For Photo Stuff)

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Beta Testers Needed (For Photo Stuff)

Post by nick »

So I have made some pretty large changes to the way photos work in the next patch.

Now, no image data will be stored in the macdive database. No photos, and not even the gear or certification images. This brings the filesizes down dramatically and improves startup times significantly. The database was getting far too large and causing all kinds of problems.

So MacDive will now manage your photos by including them in the Application Support directory. This way you can still store them with your data and easily compress or backup the whole MacDive directory, and hopefully alleviate the problems we've all been seeing.

When you upgrade with the next version, all of this will be automatically sorted out for you. But I would like some people to beta test this functionality as it's a quite large change. If anyone is interested and has a few minutes, could you please drop me an email (support@mac-dive.com) and I'll send you a beta and some instructions?

Of course, this is only useful if you have images saved for your gear, certifications, sites and/or normal photos.

Cheers!
Dave
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Re: Beta Testers Needed (For Photo Stuff)

Post by Dave »

Email sent.
Dave
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Beta Testers Needed (For Photo Stuff)

Post by nick »

Thanks for helping test this everyone - it was a big change and you helped me smooth out a couple of issues before release. Appreciate it!