Finished my Dive Master course at last

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Dave
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Finished my Dive Master course at last

Post by Dave »

Hi fella's ...

Needed to tell someone ...

Finally got signed off on my PADI Dive Master. :D
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Finished my Dive Master course at last

Post by nick »

Wohoo! Congrats :)

I'm just doing mine too.. got a few more trips to do before I'm done, and I haven't done the exam yet. Lots of work, huh?

What now ? :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Good luck on the exam Nick. The physics part is a bit of b*tch but glad its over. The rest of the answers are all in the different course books, Encyclopedia of Recreational diving and the Instructor manual. The only question I actually got wrong was the one on filling a tank with an old J valve fitted ... I had no clue ... ha ha ha !!! the answer is down and i chose up ... oops !!! :roll:

The other bit I hated was the 800 meter snorkel swim test (I hate using a snorkel as I learnt initially under BSAC rules in 1991 and never used it. It was pushed down by the knife for years). Mine was on a very turbulent day and the water current was horrendous. To add to this I was coming across the busy water way from the reef back to the pier ... Scared the crap out me for the duration I can tell you.

My mentor Rudy wants me to step up and do the IDC but it took me 7 years to bother my arse to do my DM from Rescue ..

God only knows. I may not have a job in Belize, come next March, as the aircraft are moving, so I will have to think about it very hard.

Just enjoying the newly earned freedom.

Good luck ... ;)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ya I'm supposed to be studying, but I keep working on macdive instead.. I should really start doing some.

We also did an 800m snorkel for our rescue, I'm hoping my instructor doesn't make us do it again :)

I think I could handle living in Belize..
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

nick wrote:Ya I'm supposed to be studying, but I keep working on macdive instead.. I should really start doing some.

We also did an 800m snorkel for our rescue, I'm hoping my instructor doesn't make us do it again :)

I think I could handle living in Belize..
Good luck with your course! ... and with the next Mac Dive version :)
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

Dave wrote:Good luck on the exam Nick. The physics part is a bit of b*tch but glad its over. The rest of the answers are all in the different course books, Encyclopedia of Recreational diving and the Instructor manual. The only question I actually got wrong was the one on filling a tank with an old J valve fitted ... I had no clue ... ha ha ha !!! the answer is down and i chose up ... oops !!! :roll:

The other bit I hated was the 800 meter snorkel swim test (I hate using a snorkel as I learnt initially under BSAC rules in 1991 and never used it. It was pushed down by the knife for years). Mine was on a very turbulent day and the water current was horrendous. To add to this I was coming across the busy water way from the reef back to the pier ... Scared the crap out me for the duration I can tell you.

My mentor Rudy wants me to step up and do the IDC but it took me 7 years to bother my arse to do my DM from Rescue ..

God only knows. I may not have a job in Belize, come next March, as the aircraft are moving, so I will have to think about it very hard.

Just enjoying the newly earned freedom.

Good luck ... ;)

Time to Move on to your TecRec courses so you can be a certified assistant in the PADI TecRec courses!!!! Then of course on to instructor.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

My last DM training trip this weekend.. just leaves the exam after that.. sigh. Next week is going to be fun.. ;)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Will be thinking of you Nick. Good luck mate.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Cheers. There's a lot to study..
patrickpreuss
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Post by patrickpreuss »

Congrats Dave :-)
The worst day diving is better than the best day working.