A fantastic update

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
adrianwi
Dive Computer: OSTC 2N

A fantastic update

Post by adrianwi »

and well worth the license fee!

First impressions is that the interface is much easier to use and more in line with standard Mac functionality. Still need to spend some time, but think I will get all dives up-to-date with this, whereas previous version didn't seem worthwhile!

Would be great to have limited functionality available on iPhone, and not sure what has happened to my photo links but they don't seem to have updated. Is it compatible with an Aperture library? Would also be good to create smart filters, similar to iTunes playlists? Ability to create print logs for inserting into log book, and also print a blank template for recording whilst away with the same fields and format for quick entry.

Though you'd also like to know that my Suunto Vytec is also working again (it was last week on 1.5.3) after customidea provided a Snow Leopard driver update - http://www.customidea.com/shop/support/ ... d.mpkg.zip

Keep up the great work...
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: A fantastic update

Post by nick »

adrianwi wrote:and well worth the license fee!

First impressions is that the interface is much easier to use and more in line with standard Mac functionality. Still need to spend some time, but think I will get all dives up-to-date with this, whereas previous version didn't seem worthwhile!
Great! And thanks :)
Would be great to have limited functionality available on iPhone
You can use DiveLog from http://www.moremobilesoftware, which has a tool availbale to sync your macdive data to your iPhone. There should be an update out now (or very soon) that supports MacDive2. Proper syncing from macdive will be in a future update.
, and not sure what has happened to my photo links but they don't seem to have updated. Is it compatible with an Aperture library?
You mean you had a bunch of photos and they are no longer in v2 ? That's strange. I'll have a quick poke around, but I may need you to send me your MacDive.sqlite file.

Images should be fine from within Aperture. They should be referenced by their location on disk. You haven't moved your Aperture library or something?
Would also be good to create smart filters, similar to iTunes playlists?
Click the action menu in the top toolbar - the one that looks like a gear. Click "New smart divelog". Set your criteria, enjoy..
Ability to create print logs for inserting into log book, and also print a blank template for recording whilst away with the same fields and format for quick entry.
Select dives, apple + p or File -> Print. Set your printing preferences to print to A5 and there you go. As for blank templates, this isn't available yet but you're not the first to ask, so I'll look at adding it.
Though you'd also like to know that my Suunto Vytec is also working again (it was last week on 1.5.3) after customidea provided a Snow Leopard driver update - http://www.customidea.com/shop/support/ ... d.mpkg.zip
Great! I'm glad they finally got that driver out - a lot of people have been unable to download dives with macdive ever since Snow Leopard came out because of it. I imagine their support email will drastically reduce now :)
adrianwi
Dive Computer: OSTC 2N

Re: A fantastic update

Post by adrianwi »

Thanks for the reply!

Will check out Divelog and the photo's have now appeared. Also found the smart dive log function!

Have been updating all my kit and really like the group option, which makes assigning much easier. Also like the ability to edit multiple dives at once, as many often have common attributes,

Option to print the list of gear would be useful, and possibly even report some statistic in terms of costs, suppliers, service required, etc.