2.0 screenshots?

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Ken
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

2.0 screenshots?

Post by Ken »

Nick, we're all dying to see what 2.0 will look like. Could you at least post some screenshots? Please?!? :)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: 2.0 screenshots?

Post by nick »

Aww, but that would spoil the surprise ;) But maybe.. we'll see!

On another note, work is coming along nicely. I have to get the new website sorted out, which is the biggest task I have remaining really. The design is pretty much done, I just have to take all of the components and build it. I have a couple of minor bugs to address and a few other things to do, but all in all, it's progressing very well. It's significantly more polished than it was a couple of months ago, with all of the final graphics/icons in place and some extra functionality I added in over lazy Saturdays. I'm pretty happy with it currently actually.

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of people to address some issues with Oceanic devices (the Veo200 style), and I have a couple of changes to make to the database in order to make sure that for 2.1, iPhone sync with DiveLog is as smooth as possible.

Almost there..!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Oooh, first I've heard of iPhone sync. What app? Did you make your own?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Greg from http://moremobilesoftware.com has one called DiveLog - check it out. I've been promising him for a long time I'd include native syncing, but got distracted with a v2 revamp. Currently you can use an application of his to read the MacDive database and load that on to your iPhone, but not the other way around.

So, I've been talking to him in order to ensure that I can provide what he needs for his database (and vice versa), and the plan is to get 2.0 out the door and then start adding that for a 2.1 update that will allow you to do proper syncing inside macdive itself (both ways).
Boidy
Dive Computer: Suunto stinger

Post by Boidy »

I use DiveLog with with the Windows app DivingLog, but would love to see this natively in MacDive.

Nick, I have PMed you about the website.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Does it actually work with merging data so you can enter some basic info and notes on the iPhone at the dive site, sync your dive computer when you get home, then merge the data between the computer and the iPhone and no data gets deleted on either end?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ken wrote:Does it actually work with merging data so you can enter some basic info and notes on the iPhone at the dive site, sync your dive computer when you get home, then merge the data between the computer and the iPhone and no data gets deleted on either end?
I have no idea about DivingLog, but just wanted to point out that this is the plan for 2.1, for what it's worth.
Nistou
Dive Computer: OSTC

Post by Nistou »

Hi Nick, what about screenshots ??? Please ... :cry:
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It's almost ready. I am aiming for the next couple of weeks, provided a couple of things I am waiting on are completed.

Hold off just a tiny bit longer.. :)
Nistou
Dive Computer: OSTC

Post by Nistou »

Wonderful !!! Thanks :P