My apologies for asking what I am guessing is a silly question but I could not find the answer in the User Guide nor when I searched the forums.
I am not sure if I missed it previously or if it was always there and I did not know what it is for but what is the Category field used to indicate? Currently here is how I am using the fields; if this is not what they are intended for I would like to learn before I log too many critters (only logged 12 so far):
- Name: I use this for recording the name of the critter; ie. Egg Yolk Jelly Fish
- Species: I use this to record the species of the critter; ie. Jelly fish, or Anthozoa, or Octopus, etc.
- Category: I am not sure what the intended use of this field is so I have not used it yet;
- Average Size: as the name indicates; and
- Notes: Any notes relevant to this critter
Have fun diving everyone!