Photo sharing/syncing

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
acreichman
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Photo sharing/syncing

Post by acreichman »

Hello everybody,

My buddy and I both just started using MacDive and we've got a lot of photos we're trying to share with each other. I've got 2 questions about MacDive's photo capabilities:

1. When I drag pictures from the Photos app into MacDive I get a message about it being exported at lower quality. Is there a way to put photos in MacDive without having to have 2 copies of them, one in the Photos app and one in MacDive?

2. Is there a way for my buddy and I to each have our own dive profiles from our own computers but share the photos? I'm hoping I've just missed an option for that in the program somewhere.

Thanks very much.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Photo sharing/syncing

Post by nick »

1. When I drag pictures from the Photos app into MacDive I get a message about it being exported at lower quality. Is there a way to put photos in MacDive without having to have 2 copies of them, one in the Photos app and one in MacDive?
That warning is something Photos related. MacDive doesn't change the quality of images in any way. But no, there's no way to reference them - this is actually how things used to work, but in order to support syncing to the cloud effectively, it takes copies, so that it can manage things itself. Syncing references to other apps is difficult (eg Lightroom, Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, the list goes on..).
2. Is there a way for my buddy and I to each have our own dive profiles from our own computers but share the photos? I'm hoping I've just missed an option for that in the program somewhere.
No, sorry. Not at this time. Other than adding them twice. The Auto-Add function has a dropdown box in its extended option to filter by diver so that you can add them to both divers, though.