REQUEST: Import both tank pressures from PerdixAI or NERD2

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
pgammer
Dive Computer: Various Shearwaters

REQUEST: Import both tank pressures from PerdixAI or NERD2

Post by pgammer »

Hi there,

Is it possible to import both AI pressure readings when reading from either a PerdixAI or NERD2 ?

Personally- I use my NERD2 with a CCR - and I use T1 for Diluent and T2 for Oxygen, so would be great to track both pressure readings because they are important (well to me they are).

I've seen previous comments mentioning SAC is no longer relevant. Whilst partially correct it does have some relevance. On the DIL side not really, apart from being able to see usage on descent and DIL flushes. On the OXY side the SAC effectively becomes your metabolic rate and this is very valuable information.

If only one transmitter reading is possible, then I guess I'll swap T1 and T2 so I get SAC==Metabolic. But the gas defaults to the diluent mix 21/0 or Trimix which wouldn't quite be correct, hence the request for importing both transmitters. The Shearwater Cloud apps can read both transmitters so hopefully this is available to you too!

I'm happy to elaborate further on my needs / use case if it would help.

Paul
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: REQUEST: Import both tank pressures from PerdixAI or NER

Post by nick »

You’ve requested this before. No need for more posts, it is on my TODO list.

Thanks
pgammer
Dive Computer: Various Shearwaters

Post by pgammer »

I (incorrectly) assumed with the recent PerdixAI and NERD2 updates and the other Shearwater import additions you have made, that that was the end of the Shearwater based updates.

Apologies...
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

No need to apologise. It just requires a very big (and backwards incompatible) change that will affect every user, hence I haven't done it already. I have been trying to get other things that are easier to release, like deco, out of the way first to clear the decks.