v2.0.0 Status

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
ivanmlee
Dive Computer: Oceanic OC1

Re: v2.0.0 Status

Post by ivanmlee »

Thanks again Nick. Let me know what you decide to do (version 1.5.4 or v2) and what you recommend I do - should I wait for v2 or go ahead and work with the upgraded 1.5.4? If v2 is not too far off on your horizon, I'd much rather simply wait for v2 since your sense is that it's a better app :)
Yup I just have the open water rescue scenarios left to complete in Tioman this coming weekend. Preparing for it with excitement, fear and trepidation, and praying my instructor(s) will be merciful!

Here's an alternative means to keep the communication going, though I realize posting our conversation here might be helpful to others "listening in" - ivan@compassquestintl.com
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Well, as I said, 2.0 is a way off. 1.5.4 is a possibility, but I'm not going to promise anything - I think my time is better spent trying to get 2.0 finished. So it would just be a temporary measure. Actually, it may not even be realistically possible, there may be some "technical issues" with doing it at all. I'll take a look this weekend, at any rate. It's a long story, that I may put up a post about once 2.0 is out.

As for your weekend, good luck - hope it's nice up there!

If you get a couple of dives on the OC1, drop a post here - we can give you some instructions to download the memory off it so we can test it out to make sure it all works properly when it's supported.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

It turns out that Nick's statement that we have full support for the Oceanic OC1 is not entirely correct. We have only some very limited support, which is not enough to download dives. To complete the support we need a portmon capture of a download with the oceanic software. Step by step instructions for doing that are available here:

http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/contr ... l#protocol
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Indeed - my apologies, I got mixed up. If anyone has an OC1 and access to windows+oceanlog, we'd love to hear from you if you could spare a few minutes to help out.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

So, quick status update -

V2 is nearing feature-complete, which basically means that nearly all of the things I wanted to get done for it are done. I have a couple of outstanding issues, and there are a couple of computers I would like to support that may or may not make the first v2.0.0 release (the OC1 for one). This is pretty much a matter of timing, and worst case, they'll be available in a 2.x update.

So - things are going well! I'm getting some new icons and things finished off and doing some more internal testing and polishing, and then I'm going to start looking at rounding up some willing beta testers to give it a run. I'll post up another thread shortly with some details about that.
neonistic
Dive Computer: Cobra 2, Mosquito

Post by neonistic »

I just found macdive and I am loving it! While I don't have any new computers, I do dive with a cobra 2 and a mosquito on all dives. I also have a vyper that is used for students. I would like to beta test v2. I have a macbook and several PCs. I am using the suunto usb cable and have found no problems yet.
xcetra
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin Prime

Post by xcetra »

Hi!

I just want to first thank you for making such a great dive program for the Mac. I have a Uwatec Aladin Prime and have been using Jtrak but it's really buggy and ugly to use. I've been looking for a more "mac-like" program such as yours.

I was wondering if you have any plans on at least creating a way to import jtrak data into Macdive natively. I know there's a perl script out there, but, was wondering if you can build that functionality into Macdive 2.0?

If you need help beta testing the software, I would be happy to help out. I have some experience testing software and doing some development and would love to help make Macdive as good as possible.

Let me know.

Jason
rvaneerd
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin Tec2G

Post by rvaneerd »

xcetra wrote:I was wondering if you have any plans on at least creating a way to import jtrak data into Macdive natively. I know there's a perl script out there, but, was wondering if you can build that functionality into Macdive 2.0?
Nick and myself have touched briefly on this. Like anyone else I would like to be able to retrieve more data out of JTrak then is currently exported by it's Excel-Export.

If anyone can tell me where to find JTrak's data, I might be able to start "reverse-engineering" but for now I'm just using what's available.

Regards,
Rob.
kva
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin TEC 2G

Post by kva »

rvaneerd wrote: Nick and myself have touched briefly on this. Like anyone else I would like to be able to retrieve more data out of JTrak then is currently exported by it's Excel-Export.

If anyone can tell me where to find JTrak's data, I might be able to start "reverse-engineering" but for now I'm just using what's available.

Regards,
Rob.
Have a look at this post in the forum. http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34#p34
egon wrote:On the Mac, it uses the HSQL Database engine, with a memory table type.

Under ~/Library/Preferences/jtrak/DB_V3, the file jtrak.script is simply a set of SQL statements. I've tested a little, and when I create a new logbook, or new dives, it adds those statements to that file.

It looks like it creates a memory based logbook on the fly, from SQL statements.
I dive an Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G and a "sync", even just one-way between jtrak and MacDive would be nice.
rvaneerd
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin Tec2G

Post by rvaneerd »

kva wrote: Have a look at this post in the forum. http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34#p34
egon wrote:On the Mac, it uses the HSQL Database engine, with a memory table type.

Under ~/Library/Preferences/jtrak/DB_V3, the file jtrak.script is simply a set of SQL statements. I've tested a little, and when I create a new logbook, or new dives, it adds those statements to that file.

It looks like it creates a memory based logbook on the fly, from SQL statements.
I dive an Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G and a "sync", even just one-way between jtrak and MacDive would be nice.
Great. I'll check it out but I won't have time until this weekend I guess. :(

Rob.