N2ition 3, UWATEC, Viper

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
BobinNC
Dive Computer: Gekko, working next

N2ition 3, UWATEC, Viper

Post by BobinNC »

Deciding on a new computer because the Gekko is not a downloadable computer. Leaning mostly towards the N2ition 3 because my LDS has it in stock and for a good price. But I have also recently seen the UWATEC w/wireless transmitter for sale for right around the same place.

Does the MACDive work on N2ition 3 and the UWATEC? If so does one work better than the other?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: N2ition 3, UWATEC, Viper

Post by nick »

BobinNC wrote:Deciding on a new computer because the Gekko is not a downloadable computer. Leaning mostly towards the N2ition 3 because my LDS has it in stock and for a good price. But I have also recently seen the UWATEC w/wireless transmitter for sale for right around the same place.

Does the MACDive work on N2ition 3 and the UWATEC? If so does one work better than the other?
Uwatec is not supported, neither is the N2ition 3.

The Gekko is a downloadable computer and is supported already.
BobinNC
Dive Computer: Gekko, working next

Post by BobinNC »

nick wrote:
BobinNC wrote:Deciding on a new computer because the Gekko is not a downloadable computer. Leaning mostly towards the N2ition 3 because my LDS has it in stock and for a good price. But I have also recently seen the UWATEC w/wireless transmitter for sale for right around the same place.

Uwatec is not supported, neither is the N2ition 3.

The Gekko is a downloadable computer and is supported already.
Thank you!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Actually, that's not strictly true - if you look around the forums, Rob has written a tool to convert JTrak files to UDCF. So you could potentially import your uwatec data to their JTrak software, then convert to macdive from there. Not an ideal solution but if the Uwatec is what you're after it's one possible way.

But you can just get a cable for the gekko and use it, if that's the only reason you were going to get a new dive comp.